Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

WHAT DO I DO!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2000, 03:08 PM
BLC
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok its not as bad as it sounds but here is the deal... i got a 400ex with pro meg full system pipe, 8 one inch holes drilled in the abox lid and they are plugged with filtered vents and i got a k&n filter with precharger.... what size main jet should i go with and if i should change any other jetting like needle adjustment pilot etc tell me... thanx

Old 12-13-2000, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're asking the wrong ones the question about what size main jet to run. You need to ask the only one who really knows...your engine!There are too many variables for "one size fits all". such as temp. where you are, elevation, riding style, etc.
The answer to "WHAT DO I DO!?!?, is to start by going three sizes fatter on the main, see that your jet needle is in the 3rd position, install a new plug, and test ride for a mile at 3/4 to full throttle in any gear, STOP!, pull the plug & read it for proper color. Depending on the read, either drop one size on the main or if it's tan or brown, go ride.
After all that, if you have performance problems in another part of the band, you'll probably need to adjust your needle position.