Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Really need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help!!

I have posted on here once or twice about a 300ex aftermarket exhaust system and I have never really got a good response. I am looking for an exhaust system for my 1997 300ex. First of all, do i necessarily need a head pipe if I don't really have many modifications on my motor and I do not plan to do so. I have a K and N filter but that is about it. I mainly do trail riding and stuff but I'm looking for some more power. I don't want a new machine because I dont get out to ride enough. I was originally was looking at the White Brothers products and then a dealer by my house is trying to get me to buy the FMF powercore 4. However a buddy of mine suggested HMF exhaust. Would a slip on pipe be fine?? What kind of pipes have you guys all had and what kind of gain have you seen? How many HP will each once increase....

Any answers or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

I don't believe that a new head pipe would help until you get some serious motor mods done.
HP increases are hard to measure by the seat of your pants, but most slip on pipes will give a noticable gain. You will need to rejet after you put the pipe on to get the most out of it.
I have used HMF, Pro circut, Cobra, FMF, and Supertrapp, and have liked all of them. Right now I have an HMF on my 400. We have a Pro Circuit T4 on our 300. Both are good, sound good, look good, and perform really well.
If you want to know if its worth getting, than yes! As far as which one? Thats up to you.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer