Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Plowing with a Recon

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my buddy bought his Recon, I tried to talk him into stepping up to the Rancher 4x4 in case he ever needs to plow snow. Well he bought the Recon (he never listens) and now needs something to push snow with. Does anybody make a plow kit for the Recon? Is anybody out there currently plowing snow with one and how well does it work? I figure at a minimum we will need to make a weight box and get him some tire chains. Any suggestions would be helpful. We are not taking about pushing much snow, maybe up to 6 inches at a time.

By the way, he is a die hard penny pincher, so the cheaper the suggestion the better

Old 12-15-2000, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m sure several of the companies out there makes a snow plow for the Recon. I used to have a 97 Timberwolf 250 2wd, and I purchased a 50” Moose snow plow for it. It worked real well. I was actually surprised at how well the 2wd Timberwolf plowed the snow. I just put two 60lb tubes of sand on the back rack for better traction and away I went. I have a 500ft long gravel driveway with a hill at the end, and I used to plow 6” of snow many times without a problem. Coming back up the hill though I had to get a slight run for it if the snow was really deep, but once up on the flat again it would plow without any problems what so ever. I now have a Honda Rancher 4x4 and that thing will plow anything. If I were your buddy I would just throw a couple tubes of sand on the back rack and go at it, if he still feels that he needs more traction, then I would probably get a set of tire chains. Other than that, I think the Recon should do pretty well.