Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

'07 rincon gscape....repair manual, oil, tips!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 rincon gscape....repair manual, oil, tips!!!

Just purchased the Rincon Gscape Camo and was wondering about ordering a repair manual. Anyone had an luck with ordering from repairmanual.com or do you have a different site?

Also, I've been reading some thread on oils, but wanting your opinion on regular or synthetic....which is the way to go?

Anyother other little tips that you can offer would be great!!!

Thanks

Old 04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

I am not on where you could get a repair manual, check ebay seen ones on there for other models. Far as oil Honda has told me that 5W30 works well year round. Far as sythenics NO WAY there are clutch packs in there and they would start to slip. Should say with moly in the oil they will. Cause Honda does have extreme cold weather oil that is sythenic and it's 0w30.

Otherwise a good machine.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Go to RinconRiders.com. You can get manuals there. A bunch of great guys there and there are pdf manuals on all teh rincons.

As for oils you can use synthetic after the break in period. DO NOT use regular automotive oil. You need a 4 stroke/motorcycle oil that is made for wet clutch applications. The back of the bottle will say JASO MA certified. If you use regular oil you will have problems.

If you go to rinconriders you can get all the tips,tricks and info you will ever need. Most here dont like Rincons.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the Rincon.
Get better tires but try to stay at 26" or under.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check out that rincon site, oh one last thing what do folks have against rincons ?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jealousy.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

OH!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rincons aren't for everyone, but it seems this forum in particular has a couple people on it that just hate them.

Most everyone who has actually owned one, though, seems happy.

I 2nd the suggestion that you go over to rinconriders. I also use the Honda oil, but not the synthetic. I have run Honda's synthectic (w/o molly) in my Foreman with good results, but I think I'll start running dino in it too.

With ATV's I suspect the life of the oil is more limited by contamination, from condensation during periods of disuse or whatever, than it is from breakdown of the oil.

As a side note, check the lock nuts on your tie rod ends. At 35 miles the lock nuts on one of my tie rods were spinning around loose...

I hope you enjoy your Rincon as much as I enjoy mine.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Explain why you think the rincon needs a low range. It has a torque convertor just like a car does that multiplies torque when taking off. Has your rincon ever not been able to take off from a dead start up hill? Pickup trucks with automatic trans. usually have a higher rear axle ratio than standard trans ones for the same reason. My stock rincon has plenty of power for me to get into trouble with. If you think it is underpowered then what about the rubicon with its 500 cc engine or the 420 rancher, or 350 rancher.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

At least with Dodge, your choices for axle ratio are 4.10 or 3.73 in either auto or manual, and both have low range (if 4x4).

I've never found a situation where the machine wouldn't spin the wheels or start on a hill. Mainly I think a low range would be nice for compression braking on technical downhills. Using the brakes is no big deal, but iin a perfect world I'd like to have the option to crawl down something at 1-2 mph in a rock crawling low gear.

I've used mine to drag a pretty big stump, but you could tell the torque converter had to slip a bit to get it moving. I think stuff like that would be easier with a lower gear, but then that's not what the machine was made for.

I guess my bottom line, if the Rincon had a low range and a locker, it would be an improvement. I also wish Honda would build something to compete with the 800's in power.

Anyhow, as you can see by my signature, I felt the excellent ride, decent power, good throttle response, nice handling, and reputation for reliability still made the Rincon my choice. I also really like the transmission for general trail riding.

Quick Reply: '07 rincon gscape....repair manual, oil, tips!!!