Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

fastest four stroke on the market?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest four stroke on the market?

not to get off the subject, but i thought the 250r was the fasted quad made?right or wrong? just curious
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>

actually the 250r was the slowest of the 250s - but the most refined. the tecate-4 250 would beat it in raw power and be knocking on the back door of a banshee...stock for stock of course. the reason why 250Rs dominated racing and why they are sought after is the handling - excellent balance, light weight, and frame geometry that has been copied and re-copied for over 20yrs. like most any 2 stroke, the 250R mods extremely well and can be made to go really fast with even mere bolt ons. i can beat a raptor 660 with mine (a few bolt ons).

Ask yamaha what machine they used as a blueprint for the YFZ- the trx250r. the YFZ is the closest NEW thing to a 250R that you will find. not even HONDA made a good enough 250R replacement with the 450R, imo. the 450R is reliable has a good engine and front shocks, but it isnt the handler that the 250 is. sorry i have both and can tell you there is a big difference.

now for the fastest thing:
yamaha claims the raptor 700 is faster top speed than the yfz. but seeing races, the YFZs are very competitive and slighly modded they kick everythings @ss. if i were you or your brother i would get a 700R raptor. not for the speed but dollar for dollar - its a better buy for all types of riding except mud. plus it does have, efi, the YFZ A-Arms starting with the 2006 model yr - so the handling is much improved over previous years, the 660s. get a gytr model and you get the front rezzie shocks and some more goodies.

side note, yes i have heard that the renegade is dang fast (and its dang expensive!).
go to youtube and check out some vids of it racing everything from a suzuki crotch rocket (which i dont think the guy was running it right) to an rm250 to just rippping up stuff. its very impressive to say the least that a 597lb machine can move like that. i wouldnt mind riding one to see if it actually feels like a tank.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

the suzuki LT-500 2 stroke was the fastest bike ever produced. It would hit 90mph stock.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>

yep, LT500 was the fastest quadever made. prototypes were hitting well over 100+ mph and suzuki brass/lawyers stepped in and made them gear it down. it was reported to hit 80 stock but i think it was one of the things that the auto manufacturers do they take a model and rate it and give it some numbers to satisfy a report; when the car is put on the dyno it hits way over the rating. cases in point: the buick grand national turbo rated at 250hp, dynoed at over 300 at the wheels. same with the 1989 trans am that was turbo'd: 250 rating, but 306-320 at rear wheels. most dont know but it still holds the fastest 0-60 time of any yr trans-am.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

i dont think the 450r is the fastest of the 450's i have read multiple magazine articles on it and they all say the same thing, suzuki, then yamaha, then honda- dead last. And i have talked to many people that confirm that. And i own one and it will barely keeps up with my friends yfz450 and i have an hrc kit, and we even switched bikes to see if it was the rider and not the bike sure enough it was the bike. of course it is an 05 and apperently they got alittle quicker in 06 but i doubt by a whole lot. im still trying to get mine faster i just bought a uni filter, because it just doesnt make sense to have an hrc kit and a stock filter, and im looking into adding 1000 rpm with a rev box. hoping it will greatly improve my bikes speed/power without breaking down every other ride.

i guess my real question is about the raptor 700? is it faster then 450's stock? my brother will probably do all the easy mods to it, filter, pipe, gear down, and possibly a rev box.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:05 AM
Trailblazer

fastest top speed...ds650x
fastest acceleration.. the 525 outlaw or lt500r..i`ve yet to see them bone stock run against each other.

as of right now yamaha isn`t releasing any comment on a 500cc banshee so that is just pure speculation conjured by dirtwheel`s photo shopped picture.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
The Polaris KTM 525 outlaw is the fastest production quad made. It will out accelerate any stock quad. Yamaha is comming out with a twin 500cc 4 stroke banshee thats supposed to be pretty sick.
The twin 500 was Dirt Wheels April Fools joke wasn't it?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

of course it is an 05 and apperently they got alittle quicker in 06 but i doubt by a whole lot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

they got allot quicker dude. it basically has the CRFX 450 engine in it; higher rev and compression. all the new tests have the honda first in power/speed but still rate the yamaha better for most and suzuki better for track. best buy is the yamaha IMO.

as far as what is faster yamaha said the 700 is faster topspeed than the 450 stock for stock.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn! April fools already passed. That would be pretty cool though! I bet they will bring the banshee back one way or another.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

I think that the fastest quad on the market is either the ltr450 or the yfz
the ltr comes with everything you save 3000 bucks on the suspension
and the fuel injection is just amazing and for 40 buck you can buy the chary bomb and deff be the fastest stock quad on the market that little 40 dollar part gives you 7 more horsepower
so its really what your doin if you doin mx or dunes take the zuke but if your doin traill or just plain everthing go with the yami the honda is fast but not as quick as the yfz or ltr
its all really just one big opinion

Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

It will happen! It's been reported that both Honda and Yamaha are secretly working on new two-stroke technology. It's anticipated that in 2009 both a 250R and Banshee will be reintroduced. Both companies are perfecting the motors to meet all federal air quality standards.

Look for an April 1st unveiling.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer

While it may be true that the Honda may not be the fastest stock, it is the most successful on the track when modified.

Quick Reply: fastest four stroke on the market?