Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Newby Needs Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby Needs Help

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]2007 Honda FourTrax® Rincontm GPScape

This 62 Year Old Prospector is about to buy the Quad listed above. I have read quite a few reviews, but you owner's know the real story. I have 2 questions.

1. I need to know if I have made a good choice for a work horse - not many jumps, well not too many. Lots of work around the homestead, and a few prospecting trips whenever I can sneak out. I saw one website where they said it came in YELLAR - Anybody know for sure ???

2. I heard about Ritchie Powersports in Athens, Tennessee - I am thinking of buying the Quad there and having it shipped to WA. State. -- Has anyone had a bad experience with either the Rincon or Ritchie Powersport ??? They List very good prices.

See http://www.ritchiepowersports.com/honda_atv.php

Thanks for your help -- Cowboy Bud (The Clown)

Old 05-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

Welcome newbie, I cant really help you on this one, but I will say that honda is a very reliable machine. My 250 is a 86, 2 stroke and its only been rebuilt 2 times. Not bad for a 2 stroke

Old 05-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newby Needs Help

Probably the wrong tool for the job, if this is going to be mostly a work quad! Even Honda calls this machine an "SUV". When you think of work trucks, is an SUV what comes to your mind????

This was built to be a comfy cruiser, not a workhorse. It has IRS, which will squat under load or when towing. It has a reputation for being underpowered, particularly on the low end.....

I would suggest that the Foreman 500 or the Rubicon (if you must have an automatic), are more appropriate for your needs.

Red Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

delete!

Red Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

delete!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

don't listen to this guy, he's never worked a quad in his life (or driven a Rincon)

The Rincon WILL work. Not like my Rubicon, but it will work. A friend uses his to plow his driveway without trouble, and we can get a bit of snow around here. It doesn't have a trailer hitch, but they are made. It has no low gear, but the torque converter makes it more manageable than a standard without a low gear.

It is not the best at work, but you aren't looking for a compact tractor, right?

If you are more work oriented, do look at the Rubicon. The engine/tranny combo are the best 500cc package on the market. 20% more power than the Foreman. However, both of these won't ride as nice as the Rincon.

Go to rinconriders.com Being a Rincon site, no trashtalkers with a bone to pick or a flawed theory based off of what they read about - just real experienced riders with the Rincon that share the good and bad about the machine

Old 05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Red Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

Propnut-You basically said the same thing as I did...just in a different way! If he needs a full on work quad, look at the Rubicon or someting else instead.......

Cowboy-What Honda built in the Rincon is a comfortabale, automatic, easy to ride IRS trail cruiser. If you were around when the Rincon first come out, you would have seen this over and over again in Honda's media blitz. A tool is a tool, and this one has its place. If it fits you needs...get one.....

Old 05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Red Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

One of the things we do here in the forum, is point out the good, the bad, and the ugly....all hopefully before you have already spent your money and it is to late!

So on that note, just for the record the Rincon has little if any engine compression braking at low speed. Think about if you are picking your way down a steep nasty rocky hill pulling a trailer loaded with wood....is something you can live with??? If so, it might be a machine for you......

Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

How much bottom end do you need? What are your chores going to consist of? I hear alot of people say that the Rincon doesn't have much bottom end. It will wheelie from a stop. That takes instant power to do that. I just got done last week dragging a Mazda RX7 up onto a car trailer with my 07. The only limiting factor was traction. But it did it. So if mine will pull a car up hill, how much do you plan to tow.
But the others are right. This is a sporty ute. Its fantastic on the trails or prospecting. The ride is great, its soft and doesn't beat you up like a solid axle will do.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Newby Needs Help

Oh yeah. Only the 04 came in Yellow.

Quick Reply: Newby Needs Help