Looks a little like the Husquavarna side x side. UGLY

Old 09-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda side x side!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HondaTechnician

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 468bbc

Geez Honda certainly copied this model.</end quote></div>

Copied from whom, sn dont EVEN say Polaris, because there will be engineering and inovations on this machine that would make Polaris's head spin. Polaris doesnt understand the term forward engineering. I have bee a Polaris technician for several years, their engineering stinks!</end quote></div>

You cant tell me it doesnt share the same chassis design as a Ranger or Kymco or Rhino for that matter. Ill give props to Honda FOR FINALLY PRODUCING ONE !!....But you cant tell me it doesnt look like a Botox Catfish Facelifted RANGER ! How about the Handlebar bumper for engineering ? ...

Old 09-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of looks....

You know the difference between a fox and a pig ?

A six pack....

Throw a tarp over the front and drive it

-----gimpster-----

Old 09-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Gimpster

Throw a tarp over the front and drive it

</end quote></div>

I don't know if i would even drive it after the tarp

Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

It's so ugly it would make a freight train take a dirt road.

-----gimpster-----

Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder when they are due to be on the show room floor? Anyone know? Maybe seeing one in person would help.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

I will probably be able to answer that for sure on Monday when our Powerhouse owner returns from the dealer meeting (I hear they are only being sent to powerhouse dealerships)

-----gimpster-----

Old 09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

I drove a Kawasaki Mule 3010 4x4 all summer a few years back working in Cotton fields for a summer job...I understand they are not designed for mud, but come on, they just about got stuck on gravel roads! While I'm sure this Honda is night and day different from the Kaw, The ground clearence and tires look too much like the old mule for my liking. I guess one could lift it and put some better tires, but myself, I would rather go for the Polaris or Yamaha w/ much better ground clearance, and all around looks better. But that's just me.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:25 PM
TPR
The Champ

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 700vtwinman

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HondaTechnician

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 468bbc

Geez Honda certainly copied this model.</end quote></div>

Copied from whom, sn dont EVEN say Polaris, because there will be engineering and inovations on this machine that would make Polaris's head spin. Polaris doesnt understand the term forward engineering. I have bee a Polaris technician for several years, their engineering stinks!</end quote></div>

Now that if funny!!! Let's see, polaris introduced the CVT, the IRS, the AWD, the Ranger with IRS, the new RZR, etc, etc. It's ok that not everyone likes a certain brand of quad, but this is funny. Now Honda, has introduced the 3 wheel drive, the straight axle, the underpowered motors, the 3 speed tranny with no low range for towing...etc.etc. And I have owned a couple of hondas and yes they are pretty reliable, but on forward engineering they are last b/c they rest on their past accomplishments while all of the other manufactures jump ahead with new technologies. And yes honda now has power steering, but only after yamaha came out with it. And they only offer IRS for the 3 speed no low range honda 680 rincon. Yep, I bet heads will spin when they realize this machine probably will have the 3 wheel drive and the 3 speed no low range tranny. And I bet it is close to $10,000 or more.

On a positive note, IMO I kind of like the looks and at least they are finally getting in the SxS game.</end quote></div>

Just wanted to mention somthing, while as a fan of Honda I think they do rely too much on past acolades, and we know they always go conservative first, it works for them. They have innovated as much as the next company, HOWEVER, the whole power steering thing has me a bit irked for a while....

Yamaha did not develop the power steering....none of them did, it was an outside company that pitched it to all the companies and Yamaha was willing to fork out the dough first to be first to market. Since they had the new quad in the works it was easy to add it to production and make the necessary changes. The rest liked the idea, but were willing to wait till they made changes to the quads to make tooling costs more managable and also, allow Yamaha to be test dummies, AND so they could just make their own units.

Yamaha gets kudos for being 1st to market, but not in innovation on this one.

TPR

Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Good point TRP.

Quick Reply: honda side x side!!!