Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

attention RINCON owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attention RINCON owners

I just bought a new 07 Rincon 680. I rode it once and have no complaints other than lossing the hatch for the small storage compartment thats on the front left fender...it blew off...somewhere.

Anyway...whats your opinion on your 680 Rincon?

Old 10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

They ride nice.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ride and handling, along with reliability are their great strengths.

Not having downhill compression braking below about 10 mph is their biggest weakness.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

I still can't believe Honda put that crummy 3 speed tranny in their top machine and no low range. What the hell were they thinking?

Old 10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 06 680 Rincon.It wasn't used for sometiime after we relocated. The last few weekends it's gotten a good work out.So far I like it.I'm sorta concerned the way it shifts. I posted a question a few minutes ago concerning the shifting in the auto mode.I will see what others have to say.Where we're riding has some hills and slopes. The engine slowing it down has allot to be desired.I'll be wearing brake pads out fast as much as I have to use them.Overall I'm satisfied with it.It runs good, handles well.The Honda dealer installed a Moose Winch instead of the Warn I requested. Supposedly they weren't available. Since Honda endorses the Moose I thought it would be a high quality winch. Turns out it made by Super Winch. This winch hasn't impressed me. The free spooling **** if it has any tension forget about pulling and rotating it.First time using it the cable got tangled.Replaced the cable after the first use.The Winch is really my only complaint and I have a hard time believing Honda endorses this Moose winch.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think Honda endorses any particular winch?

Anyhow, I waited for the XT30 warn to be released, and I'm glad I did. The previous 3.0ci and 3.0ce were still available, but I wanted the one that came with the wireless remote and synthetic cable.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

I don't think Honda endorses any particular winch?

.</end quote></div>

I maybe wrong but Honda endorses Moose products.The winch I was told was endorsed by Honda.Then again there aren't many dealers I put a whole lot of faith in for honesty.I decided to leave the Moose winch on until it goes bad,then a Warn with the synthetic rope will replace it.Some of the Moose winches are made by Warn. Mine is the 3000 made by Super Winch.Last weekend I got bottomed out in red clay mud. The winch pulled it out without any problem.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought one about 2 months ago,and i,m pretty happy with it.I got about a 100 hours on it already.My only concerns are the shiffting when its on auto mode and whether or not there is more to the machine than i have seen.It seems to be restricted when i am getting on it full throttle.I wondering what exactly is the top speed on this thing.peace,ty

Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I haven't taken mine all the way up. I was on a dirt road and took it around 45mph.I was running out of road so I backed off of it.I didn't buy mine for speed.Mine is used strickly for hunting and it does more then I can ask for.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You will probably hit 62-63 on a pretty hard/flat surface. Mine spends a lot of time on rough trails that limit speed to 10 and below, anyway.

Quick Reply: attention RINCON owners