Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

squiky

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a sqeeky(how ever you spell it) left shock (left as in if you where sitting on it) when ever it is moved up or down it sqeeks. any ideas Its a honda froutrax 2001 350 4x4 manual shift. I heard about recalls in that area but I dont think mine was recalled becuase I got it only like a month ago

Old 01-05-2001, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

I don't know alot about 4x4's.Do you have a-arms? If so,it may be a possibility it is the a-arm bushings.Try spraying WD-40 on the bushings and the shaft of the shock itself. I hope this helps!

Old 01-08-2001, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy has got the exact same problem, except its both front shocks. Use a white lithium grease. Be careful about using wd-40 it will break down the grease and make it squeek even worse. My best suggestion is to raise the front end, fully extending the shocks, and then spay librelly up into the sleeve. Also unbolt the shock at the top and give that ring a good coat. Hope that helps!!

P.S. The honda shop said the squeeling may have been caused by overwashing or powerwashing all the grease off of the inside of the shock.

Old 01-08-2001, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Yah ive been doing tons of snow riding, we are having a nasty wint theres 3 ft of snow down now. anyways I figure thats the problem. Im not going to use wd-40 because its a penatrating lub and eats grease, thanks for hte suggestion ill lube that shock up tonite