Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

07 420 rancher -Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 420 rancher -Wrecked

I bought this bike and 2 days later a rail buggys pushed me over a big cliff and nearly killed me. now im wondering if its worth fixing this thing.
It runs normal and shifts normal 4wd works perfect and all the brakes and lights work.
but the back end is jacked up and the front looks crooked.
here are the pictures:
View pic 1
View pic 2
View pic 3
(I couldnt add the pic for some reason it wouldnt let me put them in the post)
some things I just cant fix. maybe someone can suggest a place to buy fenders for this at a reasonable price.

can someone help me understand what could be bent. the guy at the dealership said the frame was still in good condition.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

If the frame is straight it has to be body panels,the dealer must have suggested
this to you,I would have got an estamate from him before I left his shop.If the
guy that hit you was at fault why isnt he being asked for compensation???????

Old 10-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Glad your ok. In the rear it looks like where the rear swingarm bolts onto the main frame is bent or broken. the front looks like the brushguard is bent. www.bikebandit.com has good deals on oem parts and so does ebay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Find your picture already hosted on a website (such as photobucket). right click on it, go to properties, copy the adress, click on the mountain picture at the top of the reply box, and paist it in there.(it doesn't work for all pictures)

Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you, I will check the site out , and the guy that hit me rode off while i lay at the bottom of the cliff knocked out. I hope its not too expensive

Old 10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Just leave it as is and ride it, it just looks like common wear and tear to me. It would of looked like that after a few months anyways.

I like your new fenders ,now you can always point them out and do some story telling ,like people with battle scars do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Takes more than a few endos to keep a Honda down.

Glad no one was hurt.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah it rides fine I rode it back home on a strip mine road for 30 or more miles of dust the back left tire needs replaced though its warped and wobbles when you drive it thats not a problem though. other then that you cant tell when riding it theres no balance issuse or anything , im just afraid riding it too long like this will cause some more damage later. any more tips would be great.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you didn't get killed , i would have someone looking for the railbuggy ; someone where you were riding must've seen them or at least seen what vichicle was hauling the railjob ! But that's why i keep full coverage on my atv , i have mine covered for ,theift,collision the work's for $103.00 annualy ; a small price to pay for all you get ! Bodily injury alone would've been worth more than what a new ATV cost , but i'm sure glad you are still arouind to tell your story ; how bad did you get hurt ? The first time i rode with a cousin and some of his friend's , they were riding Honda 250r's ; and my cousin was on a small Honda 250 2x2 ! But one of the guy's with us was driving a Honda 250 Odessy with full rollcage and a coutom built engine that was putting out more that 90 hp , and i was on my old 86' Honda TRX 350 Foreman 4x4 i had my 350 tached out around the dirt road leading to the atv trails ; everytime there was a straight away the Odessy was leaving scratch mark's all the way to the next curve before letting off the gas ! I know my old 350 would only do about 48 mph , because it was fulltime 4x4 , but these guy's were just plain nut's ; needless to say that was the first and last time i ever rode with them ! The fool on the Odessy did this on the trail's where you didn't have room enough to pass oncoming rider's , he held the pedal to the metal even on the big speed bump's ; i just knew one or more were going to kill themselve's that night ! The trail we were riding on was some of the most rough and rocky terrain in north ga. , i told my cousin to tell the three friend's of his to let me know the next time they went to the Mt. to ride again to let me know when they planned to go again ; so i could make sure i wasn't riding the same trail's they were on ever again ! My cousin told me that they said they didn't want me to go with them again , because i was so slow they had to wait on me at every turn in the trail's ; he also told me he would never ride with them again ! And He didn't ride his 250 2x2 again because he messed up his little Honda tying to keep up with them , i liked the guy's but i didn't want to see them kill or be killed riding on such rough terrain we were riding and at night ; they knew the trail system and it was my first time on them and that was a very scary ride for me ! Sorry for such a long reply to your post , and i'm glad you weren't killed or crippled for life ; i lost both my leg's trying to help a friend push his car out of the road after he ran out of gas ! We were pushing the car backwards when about 10 feet from his driveway another car came up at a high rate of speed , well over the speed limit and cauth me inbetween the bumper's taking my leg's off on the spot ; it was really over 1 yr. almost 2 yrs. before i could sit up in bed !When i was hit the impact was enough that it shreaded both my leg's just below the knee's , with double compound facture's to both femure's three day's in ICU unit , three week's in traction and 13 month's in a bodycast from my knee's to my chest and over a month after getting out of the bodycast before i could sit up in bed ; and over 2 yrs, before i could drive a car again ! So brother i know how you feel , believe me GOD was watching over me ; and he still is ! This Happened to me at the age of 21 yrs old , and it was on Oct. 2nd 1975 when this traggic accident happened to me ; i'm 54 yrs old now and i've been riding atv's since 1989 when i bought my first quad so i can feel the pain for anyone who get's hurt by some inconsiderent driver's on the road or atv trail's ! .............

Old 10-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm ok it just broke a finger tore my shoulder up and lost 3 fingernails but I'm glad i was wearing a helmet i have 1 inch scratches cut in my helmet now I landed at the bottom of the cliff on a big poplar tree covered in blood from my neck down so i guess i was laying there for a while till i woke up I really don't remember anything after I turned around and seen the buggy too close for comfort. I went off the trail to look for a fishing spot so the guys with me were not with me at the time never seen the buggy again but if i do they wont be happy to see me and I wont be filled with joy to see them.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

I can understand how you feel , i thank GOD for my being here it was long very long haul for me ; but i thank GOD i'm here to tell what happened to me ! Have a good day and may GOD be with you and i hope everything work's out for you ! ......................

Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

This is what insurance is for, boys and girls!

Quick Reply: 07 420 rancher -Wrecked