Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250x/350x Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250x/350x Conversion

Now I know that before one asks a question on here, they should research the topic and see if they can find the answer first. Well thats exactly what I did. kinda. I am planning out a 250x conversion yadda yadda yadda. I know powroll makes the conversion kit. Is it worth it? I hear the exhaust is crap and the header falls apart. I do have some welding skills, would it be easier to extend the stock header out 3 inches like i have read?
The rear motor mount, to cut into the case or into the frame? which one is recommended more? I personally like the frame idea better cuz with welding you can fix it alot easier than the engine case. Thoughts?
Oil cooler bolt? grind down or cut into frame and reweld to support? Oil cooler lines, i have a pretty good idea where to mount it, but should i use the stock lines or get some high pressure ones. If i do use the stock, do i need to cut to reroute?
I havent read much about the carb situation, do i use 250x or 350x? Could i switch out the airboxes and mount in the 350x airbox?
Everything else is gonna be kinda fly by the seat of my pants type of thing, but going to be done with care.
Now I know there are some of you that say dont mount it in the frame and save the 350x as is. Well, this one is in bad shape and i have another 350 lined up for purchase so smile, that one is gonna be kept a 3 wheeler.
Just lookin for some info, kinda new here but constantly reading a lot of posts, and i am pretty well mechanically inclined so im pretty sure this conversion is gonna be sweet a$$ deal. Any help would be appreciated!! I'll post some pics too for you later!

Thanks guys and gals!!