Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Whats up! new here.

I have myself quite the project ahead of me and i have been looking for some help for some time now. I would explain the whole story about what happened, but its irrelevant, and i am trying to pick up the pieces now.

So i have a 2001 400ex that starts but does not idle, I could use some help if anyone has been through this before. This thing needs alot of work, but i figure ill start here and work my way down. I ordered a bunch of parts and i still need much more.

I will be replacing the petcock today and i am hoping that its just a restricted fuel flow that is keeping it from idling, If i have it on full choke it will run, but i am scratching my head here. any information would be useful.

Also if anyone has a copy of the partslist (fiche) I could definitely use one. I have had the wrong parts ordered twice because i had to explain the part as opposed to having the part number.

Thanks

Keith

Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello!

Clean the carb and pay particular attention to the slow (idle/pilot) jet! Then, readjust the fuel screw when you reinstall it.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

service honda .com will have all the part numbers you need, you have a pilot jet issue, if the bike runs fine besides for idle, the petcock will not fix the problem