Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

86 trx 350 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 trx 350 4x4

hello i am new to the forums wondering if someone could help me.i just bought a 86 trx 350 was running good and everthing works. but i took it for one ride and now its smoking bad and has a chatter in what sounds like its coming from the head. is this a big job?is it worth it? i read that this was common on these. i also cant find much for parts or a service manual for for this year. should i cut my losses.i was told these things were tanks and would go threw anything.thanks kane

Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default 86 trx 350 4x4

try cleaning out the carb. pretty easy if you go slowly. to get the throttle cable out open the cover on the throttle cable side and unhook the cable then unscrew the throttle end from the carb once you've got the carb out compleatly, take out all the floats and unscrew the jets (mark where each one goes before unscrewing anything) take pictures it helps for the re-install. clean every little part and every inch take your time and be careful not to damage anything. that should help your smoking problem. as for the chatter, i had a similar sound which ended up just being a loose heat shield on the exaust. check with engine off for loose parts.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 86 trx 350 4x4

thanks for the info i aready started takeing the head apart because it is burnning oil smells bad.does any one have a diagram on a top end rebuild cant find a book for this make and year 86 trx 350 fortrax 4x4 thanks again