Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

#$%& Warn RT install on Rancher 420

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #$%& Warn RT install on Rancher 420

I need some help. I admit defeat. Could someone here please take some up close pictures of the Warn mounting bracket inside the front bumper. It just seems to big. The pictures in the Warn instructions are just not legible.

Thanks.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

I can't help you with this, but maybe google image search it?

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

Well I took about a 3 hour break and went back at it. I finally managed to get it mounted. It is very tricky to get the winch inside the bumper (without it - the winch, attached to anything) and then get the front bumper back in place. Anyone that has ever done this or ever attempts it certainly knows or will see what I am talking about. Amazingly, I was able to do it on the second attempt after my break. Sometimes you just have to walk away for a while!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

yea it took me about 4 hrs to do keep having to put it in take it out untill i got right.

i have the xt 1.5....and i like it alot but there is nothing holding the cable on the drum and you have to make sure you dont unspool it to far or it will come off the drum

Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

I put the RT25 on both my 420s and it was a pain in the !#@. I know exactly how you feel. I had to take a break the first time around myself. Congrats on getting it installed.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

VooDoo01,

After installing everything and while the seat was off I tested the winch and it worked fine. However, I do have a "clicking sound" from the connector everytime I operate the winch. Does yours do this as well?

Thanks

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

When you say the "connector" makes a clicking sound I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the contactor makes a click when you activate the winch then yes mine does that also. When I depress the button to operate the winch (either way) my contactor makes a single "click" and then the winch operates. However, with mine there is only a single click and not a continuous "clicking" sound. If I misunderstood your question I'm sorry, but I think that is what you're talking about. If I did misunderstand let me know.

Trending Topics

Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Also, I believe the clicking sound is a relay inside the contactor you mounted under your seat and I believe that's normal.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

VooDoo01,

You understood me correctly. I did mean contactor. Don't know where I came up with connector??? Anyway, I do just get a single click each time it is operated. I just didn't notice that on my last atv.

Now that's out of the way one last question and I will be satisfied.

1-Did you ever re-install the narrow long screw (the one the directions says to remove) I guess it helped keep the cable on the spool?

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer

No, once the winch is installed for operation you shouldn't reinstall it. That screw is only used if you have to send the winch off for repair or something and it is to keep the cable from un-spooling.

I found this recall from warn last night. Some contactors have been recalled due to fire hazard. It's mostly for older models. Here is the link.

http://www.warnserviceparts.com/recall.asp

Quick Reply: #$%& Warn RT install on Rancher 420