my new honda rancher

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new honda rancher

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RayneSavage

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jsgregg

Rayne, can you post a pic or your Rancher with the type 7's and Big Horns? I am looking at those, or Terra Cross for my Rancher.</end quote></div>

Sure!!! I posted it before, but the pic disappeared the next day??? If this doesn't work, I'll send to your E-mail...[IMG][/IMG]

BTW...I just added Center Caps today (not in pic). And the Milk Crates are for holding race course marking supplies....I'm not the local Milkman...LOL.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\My Documents\My Pictures\Race Pics\Rancher.jpg[/IMG]</end quote></div>

I still can't see it and I think I know what the problem is. Are you trying to host the picture directly from your hard drive? It needs to be hosted on the web (such as the gallery on this site, or photobucket, or similar).

Did you have to buy the center caps separately?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

Not trying to butt in, but my type 7's did come with caps.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

Since I am so new to this...why would they not come with caps? Also, how much extra are the caps?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

The package I bought only came with the wheels, tires, and valve stems..

The Center Caps I bought seperately and costs me $29 for the 4-piece set...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I still can't get the picture up (I'm not the best at computer stuff), so check out the pic on my profile page....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer

WOW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Those things look aggressive! I have narrowed down my choices to either the Big Horns or the Terra Cross. Radial seems to be the way to go as far as performance and handling.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

25" ITP TerraCross R/T radials on black 12X7 ITP Delta wheels. The tires completely changed the way the bike rides and handles on loose dirt and hard trail.

By the way, I bought the tires and wheels as a package from Rocky Mountain, wheel caps and lugs are on order from elsewhere as they were not included in the tire/wheel package from Rocky Mountain ATV.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Would you mind sharing where you ordered the caps and lugs? Are you changing the lugs so they will be black like the wheels?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Would you mind sharing where you ordered the caps and lugs? Are you changing the lugs so they will be black like the wheels?</end quote></div>

I had the local Yamaha dealer order the black caps for me, his price delivered and taxed was around $23 for all four. I would have paid about the same with shipping if I ordered them online. The lugs I have coming are chrome. The chrome offsets the black rims and caps.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sac7000

Would you mind sharing where you ordered the caps and lugs? Are you changing the lugs so they will be black like the wheels?</end quote></div>

I had the local Yamaha dealer order the black caps for me, his price delivered and taxed was around $23 for all four. I would have paid about the same with shipping if I ordered them online. The lugs I have coming are chrome. The chrome offsets the black rims and caps.</end quote></div>

Thanks! The chrome will look great. I can't say that I understand why they wouldn't include the caps with the wheel sets.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

I called RM ATV and asked why and the rep told me because my stock lugs should work and if I wanted to order caps she would be happy to sell me some. I said no as I had just received the tires and wheels from UPS and figured the caps and lugs came with the set but to no avail.

Also the rims were partially scratched and one of the tires had to have the bead re-set as the tires only had about 1lb of air in them. They wrap the tires and wheels in plastic wrap and slap a UPS sticker on them. The plastic wrap got worn off during shipping and the jumping around on the truck must have broken the bead on one of the tires.

RM ATV offered to pay for the services of the local tire dealer who re-set the tire for me but I declined to submit a bill since the tire dealer was kind enough to not charge me for the service. (I'll be back to buy new tires for my truck from him)

Quick Reply: my new honda rancher