Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Riding Double, and Drinking

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2001, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like opening up a can of worms here. I want you to understand that in now way have I ever had a couple, then jumped on my quad. It's something that dosen't happen. At a TQRA Race, everyone got drunk and some idiot umped his $15000 250R into the irrigation pond. There is a guy that lives down the road from me.. He drinks all the time! This guy could drink a 20 pack and still be clear headed(slight excaggeration.. i know that's not how you spell it) What some people don't understand is that drinking and RIDING, is just as, if not more dangerous than drinking and driving. Save the 6 pack til you get BACK to the campfire. Now, on the subject of double riding. I'm going to take it for this.. but I ride double sometimes. Some quads are better suited for it than others. (mainly polaris since their seats are so big). The safety of this depends on the driver, and the terrain. My neighber has a 00 Rancher, and he rides double all the time. This is the kind of idiot I hate. He rides that thing double faster than he rides it by himself. Neither of the guys have helmets, and he drives like a maniac! It will all stop when someone gets hurt though. Everything's fun until something goes wrong isn't it?

Old 01-20-2001, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey lonestarbanshee, you are not the only one that has neighbors like that. There are quite a few of us in our area with quads, and it seems that everyone brings thiers here when they want to ride. We all have acreage and we all love to ride. The problem is, they all drink, and they all ride double. There are quite a few women with polaris quads that will double up and decide to race thru the woods. I have seen one girl barely hanging on and the driver laughing so hard she can't control her quad. The guys do this too.
They start out early in the day, they have the beer on tap, and it flows freely. When they get to this point is when I go home. They all call me a wussy because I wear a helmet and I won't drink.
There has already been a few accidents there, me included. I understand how you feel about this whole situation. But, as you know, most people will do what they want, when they want, till someone is hurt or killed. Oh, and they also have an oval track, and when they get smashed they think it is fun to race against one another as fast as they can without helmets. And they try to cut in front of one another too. Real smart people.

Old 01-20-2001, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

Im 19 years old, and I got caught for impared (about 6 months ago I have another 6 months left before I can get my license back) I spent a couple days in jail (sucked) blew .15 on the breathalizer .08 is the limit. well as per DUI on a quad. I would never do that its just to hard to make judgements when your drunk.

Old 01-20-2001, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

I was standing in my house today, and saw that kid racing his Timberwolf today. Haha, that was a laugh.. but, not so funny. He came into a corner a little hot and almost flipped. Then it was ole' dad's turn! Same thing! No helmets! People just don't understand that it's crap like this that gives our sport a bad rap. It's not worth it!

Old 01-20-2001, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

That guy's out there riding again. I think i'm gonna go give him my helmet.. Just watching him makes me glad I have one. Oh boy, now son's out there! I'm glad he can 2 wheel. He's having to do it quite often!! Later

Old 01-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

lonestar banshee,

You should really do something. Those morons are gonna kill themselves pretty soon. I can't believe that. I can understand why you created this thread now. I would if I saw something like that. Drinking and riding/driving are two very different things. You shouldn't do them at the same time. Riding double is just as bad. It may not seem all that bad to some, but it really does throw your balance off. Think about it. You have another 150 pounds or so on the back. It's going to be much more difficult to control the machine with that extra weight on there. These things give the sport of ATVing a bad name, and endangers you and everyone else out there. It's not worth it. Drinking and riding may sound like a funny concept to some. You know, a drunken fool out riding around, on the verge of hurting his or herself, but you can be killed on a quad or bike just as quickly as you can in a car. Be careful, and make sure you make the right decisions.

Old 01-20-2001, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I was going to let him learn a lesson, he wasn't going that fast.. Damage would've been minimal. UNTIL he got his 8yr old son on the back of it, and got on my MX track. Not only did I want him on my track, I didn't want him jumping that UTILITY Timberwolf with his son on the back. I went out and told him I wish he wouldn't ride on it, and that he should get a helmet before he does ANY kind of riding/racing. That guy's not too bad about drinking and riding, he mainly keeps his feet on the ground.. or somewhere close. But that other guy down the road drove by.. I waved at him(being neighborly) and he held his can up in the air.. Kinda made me wanna go kick him.. but.. oh well. People like this MUST be stopped if we want to KEEP our sport. LaTeR

Trending Topics

Old 01-20-2001, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

I drink...(bottled water) wi'll riding doubled with my girl.

But seriously some people don't have a concept of safety mostly from leak of common sence.

If they had at least half a brain they should be out trying to find the other half.LOL.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-20-2001, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with everything you did and said. I'm glad that you took a stand and told him all that. It's different just him riding, but when he gets his kid out there? That's extremely stupid. These kinds of people have to be stopped if our sport is to carry on.

Old 01-20-2001, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

That is SO true! People are gonna keep on doing crap like that, and get someone hurt, and then... ATV'S ARE BANNED! There was an 11 year old girl riding a 4 wheeler at a company in town.. FLAT surface, no jumps, bumps, or rocks, and she flipped and broke her neck. I'm not sure if she was wearing a helmet, but, I'm not so sure it would've helped either! Back to what I said before.. EVERYTHING IS FUN UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG!

Quick Reply: Riding Double, and Drinking