Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ok heres one for ya

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok heres one for ya

i have a 2006 honda rancher at does any other honda have the same auto tranny as it atv tv says it it smaller and more efficient than the recon if so why are so many people haveing trouble with them atv tv also said honda had sold around 70'000 uints of them are all of them bad on tranny problems mine has 1500 miles on it with no problems knock on wood and alot of people say they have no power mine has alot i pulled my dads car with it ??

Old 04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had trouble with 2004 TRX400FG/FA models .. There was a product update for it which was a new ECM ..

Old 04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

The 70,000 is for manual transmission Ranchers like the 350 and 420. These machines are time proven and dead solid reliable! If you add in the old 300, Honda has sold a cool million medium bore utes!!!

The 400AT has an automatic transmission like the Rubicon. If you google "Rubicon transmission", you will find lots of reading about this design. The Rubicon has a solid track record and good reputation.

There are a fair number of posts in here about problems with the AT!!! Honda discontinued production after a relatively short run....so that may tell the wise buyer a thing or two!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: beanholeatv tv says it it smaller and more efficient than the recon <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

The AT is bigger and heavier, and in reality porbably less efficient than the slick little Recon.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Rancher AT was discontinued because Honda realized it couldn't sell a 400 class machine for such a ridiculous price. The Yamaha Kodiak 400 and 450 were much better buys. And you got diff lock, IRS, and just as a reliable engine package.

This was proven when Honda decided to drop it from the lineup this past year, lowered the price to move them out and every unit left the floors as if they were Recons.

The Rancher AT was an error in how it was marketed. The cost didnt justify the features and relatively smaller engine in that class.