Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

as the cc's go up

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monica81- I've got a headache from trying to read your post. That has got to be the longest run-on sentence in history. I hope your profession does not involve education! LOL

Old 01-23-2001, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

The thing is, you gotta be responsible for yourself. This means if you crash and burn it's your own damn fault and not the machines. If you can't pay don't play.
If you're a scum-sucking camel licker that goes out without any medical insurance and break your neck and become a quadapalegic, IT'S YOUR FAULT! Don't sue the manufacturer 'cause you're a brain-dead idiot!
But then, it's kinda hard to get people (not all, many of them) to admit that they ought to take care of themselves and not blame everyone else for their problems.

Old 01-23-2001, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

People get hurt when they lose respect for their machines. They tend to feel too confident on it after they've rode it for several months. That's when you start hearing: "Hey, betcha I can clear that double with no problem." Trust me, been there, done that. I've got a nice scar on my forearm to prove it. I've never lost respect for a quad again. Live and learn I guess.

Old 01-23-2001, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I fully understand the safety concern issue, but I honestly don't believe that eliminating anything over 400 or 500cc's is the answer. The bottom line is that there comes a time when YOU have to become responsible for your own actions. There are warning labels on every ATV currently in production today. Everyone should take a rider safety course, but this will only work if a person follows the instructors directions. The idea to ban anything over a certain engine size is no more different than to ban guns that carry more than 10 rounds or to ban ATV's from federal land. I don't feel anyone has the right to choose what size ATV I can own. And there are definate benefits of the larger engine sizes. The end result is the same. You can't protect someone by taking away the rights and choices of others.

Old 01-23-2001, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Greetings,

I think there are some legal limits to cc's. After about 650 or 700 an ATV is no longer considered an ATV for licensing and permit type purposes in some states. And some public trail systems limit size, weight, and displacement so there may be external pressures to keep the displacements to a limit. Anyone have the facts and details on this?

Old 01-23-2001, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Some quads are made for experienced riders and some are made for beginners.Unfortunately,the dealer doesn't really care who he sells to,as long as he gets his money.That's why people get hurt.Same with alcohol,you have to be 21 to consume it,but we all know or have heard the story of school kids racking up their car because they were drunk.Sometimes if a 15 year old kid whines enough to his old man for a Banshee,well,he just might get that Banshee,and look out!

Old 01-23-2001, 06:40 PM
Range Rover

3TV, that is not what I am saying at all. You don't start out on a top fuel dragster, you need the license to drive one. The school of hard knocks is what I am talking about, that school is going to ruin the sport. If there were a way to have a prerequisite to the HP quads, A license to drive one of sorts, I think we might be okay.
Exer

Old 01-23-2001, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

ha ha ha were so funny after stateing to the rest of us that your a jackaszz you could have atlest added something useful to the subject matter

Old 01-23-2001, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

were talking another world with sleds dude atv's useuly run in the woods or race tracks for the most part i don t know about anyone else here but i rarely find a place where i ride to get into forth gear quad's are to slow? ? ? ok then you must be one of those feild rider's huh atv's really don t need to do 80mph tho i might be specking for my self only here but haveing mod's do to my engine is great mainly to change the powerband so that my gear's have a wider range and for all around low to mid range power not so my quad can do 150 mph thats just a dumb why are guys like that
86 trx%atc250r

Old 01-23-2001, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey exer should people who want more cc's/more power be disadvantaged because others don't use there brains?