Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

SAD!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAD!!

Just to give you guys a little backround.... I am a die hard HONDA guy all the way since the three wheeler days LOL and did I mention that I have hated yamaha since those days too. I had a 2001 trx 400ex that was worked pretty good that took a ride through hurricane katrina thats now locked up. I just recently purchased a 2007 trx 400ex and just finished pipeing jetting and filtering etc. all within 2 weeks.

The reason why Im sad....

Today was spent in wiggins mississippi (little sand action nothing big) and they have a drag strip. I lined up a few times and made a couple passes which ended with me coming in second (no biggie i dont mind losing) however when I got on my friends raptor 700r and made a few passes I fell in love!!!!!

Sooooo a long story short..... as much as I hate yamaha crapers I have to give it to them that is one bad *** machine that I think I will be purchasing very soon!

Sorry HONDA! You still have my heart! =)

Old 05-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SAD!!

While the Raptor 700 is a torque monster, it falls off the curve pretty quick. You need to try a 450, that is 50 pounds lighter than the Raptor.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default SAD!!

Which 450 are you talking about? I did see a few of both the yamaha and honda out there. I raced both on my friends 700 and neither one could touch me. I beat both by at least 2 or 3 bikes. Which 450 would you recomend and what would I have to do to make it faster than the 700?????

Old 05-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer
Default SAD!!

I've out run Raptor 700's with no problem on a 450R. Did it when my bike was stock last September, and did it again at 2 other races in the past month since doing all of my motor work as well. The 700's are ok, but the 450R will beat it, especially on the hole shot and kills it on the track.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default SAD!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DWill58

I've out run Raptor 700's with no problem on a 450R. Did it when my bike was stock last September, and did it again at 2 other races in the past month since doing all of my motor work as well. The 700's are ok, but the 450R will beat it, especially on the hole shot and kills it on the track.</end quote></div>

Im not trying to start a honda vs yamaha war or anything, but in my own opinion I think the rider of the bike has alot to do with a race. Im not saying that your stock 450r didn't beat a 700r, all im saying is maybe the guy on the 700r didn't know how to race. Also.... I see all the work you have done to your bike and WOW it is really worked! What I want you to do for me is this: imagine doing the mods from your 450r to a 700r (replacing the jet kit with a power comander for obvious reasons) But do you really think that your 450r would still beat a 700r with all the same mods? Honest opinion please. And last but not least I totally agree with your opinion about the 700r vs the 450r on a track! In my opinion (again) I truly believe honda has the best track bikes (250r 400ex 450r) all can't be touched on the track!

Old 05-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default SAD!!

Considering that I beat it straight up, then I would assume that if he had similar mods to me, that I could still beat it. I have not run a Raptor with any motor work or mods done to them, so I can not attest to it at the moment, however they probably SHOULD outrun my bike, however I still think I could take them on the track. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default SAD!!

sure go get the yamaha raptor 700r, stock it can beat a 450r with some upgrades, but what if a raptor has upgrades. Im a yamaha fan lol i driven both but why hate them, they don't brake down or anything and are very good in preformance. Try a new brand : ) you will love the raptor 660r or 700 : D

Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default SAD!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: xxxalpinexxx80

sure go get the yamaha raptor 700r, stock it can beat a 450r with some upgrades, but what if a raptor has upgrades. Im a yamaha fan lol i driven both but why hate them, they don't brake down or anything and are very good in preformance. Try a new brand : ) you will love the raptor 660r or 700 : D</end quote></div>

I hated them for soo long mainly because honda is all i ever knew and also when yamaha first released the 660r my friend had one and had nothing but problems with it. However, he is the friend that i mentioned earlier who has the 700r now and hasnt had any problems with it. Soooo I think tomorrow (tuesday) I will be going to buy my new toy. If they don't have black Im not buying though! LOL yea right =)

Old 05-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default SAD!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DWill58

Considering that I beat it straight up, then I would assume that if he had similar mods to me, that I could still beat it. I have not run a Raptor with any motor work or mods done to them, so I can not attest to it at the moment, however they probably SHOULD outrun my bike, however I still think I could take them on the track. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I would bet that you could take the 700r on the track!! Im not getting rid of my 400ex sooo I will still have that baby to mess around on soo Im not totally skipping out on honda! Like I said in the opening post "honda still has my heart" =)

Old 05-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default SAD!!

The white bike with the blue frame (limited or special edition, whatever they called it) looks awesome. Love that color scheme together. I could care less if you get a Raptor 700, I'll still have my 450R no matter what you get, lol. We can't all ride the same brand bike, so by all means have at it. Never have been a fan of the Raptor since the original 660's had so many problems (I have seen a few of them blow up at the track).