Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got quad working but.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got quad working but.......

My friend cleaned out my carb for me and now it runs awesome...

Anyway, after an awesome ride on the 400ex at the very end we had to go over railroad tracks and it either happened there or when i was on the road for like a minute but my back right tire got a flat.

Lot of my friends said the tire might have came off the rim but today i pressed the tire in and heard a leak.

I just put a lot of money into this stuff and just started so my dad is kinda pissed i gotta go through this already. Anything i can do besides dropping money on new tires? I hear that slime and plugs and stuff are temporary fixes? And i dont wanna use slime cause of balance issues and stuff..

Help!?

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

you can plug an atv tire and make it last. I bought a polaris new in 2000 and the first 40 miles i had it , put a bean stalk right the front tire. My dad plugged it and lasted 8 yrs, and several hundred miles. If theres a tear in the sidewall or something like that you won't be able to fix it. as far as that green slime i don't have any expirence with that. I mentioned one time that i was gonna use that and my dad about ripped my head off, hes a mechanic and runs a big tire shop, and apparently that slime sucks to work with, lol.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

plugs work amazingly dont hesitate with a plug i got more then one on my bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No big deal! You will need a source of some quick high air pressure, in order to reseat the bead (a bicycle pump usually won't do it).

That is the beauty of a tubeless ATV tire vs a tubed motorcycle tire...you can just plug it. For small holes, just get some of those automotive cord type plugs, and for bigger ones get some larger ATV plugs.

I also run Fix-a-Flat in my tires from the day they are new. This will fix any thorn ******, without you ever knowing they happened! (One note here, I tried Slime, and all it does is dry up and leave you with a nasty crust inside your tire...absolutey useless stuff!)

If you have a large tear, you will need a new set of tires. Not necessarily a bad thing if you are still running the stock tires.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

i run slime in all my tires and it does good for me. it wont fix the leak automatically but itll slow it down. it works for the little leaks but stuff like roof tacks and nails will keep leaking if you dont plug them.