Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How much oil?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much oil?

How much oil does a 2003 Foreman 450 take? any recommended oil to run?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much oil?

Between 2 & 3L, I usually pick up a 4L jug and have enough left for topping up later or for the lawnmower. I use factory honda synthetic oil from the dealer. Been working great for the last 10 years.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much oil?

Good read: http://www.thumperfaq.com/oil.htm

Pick a motorcycle specific oil that is API SG/JASO MA. Beyond that, the synthetics have huge advantages over petroleum oil, and the ester synthteitcs have advantages over the other two types of synthetics.

So, I would recommend Maxima Premium if you are working on the cheap. It is a plain old petroleum oil at a low price. Better yet would be Maxima Blend, or even better than that would be Maixma Extra, ester based full synthetic. Maxima has the best additive package in the industry!

Personally, I ran Maxima Extra for many years, but am now running Redline....and seeing a definite performance increase with this oil! It is high tech, and contains proprietary synthetic friction modifiers that will not make a wet clutch slip (it is very slick JASO MB, yet wet clutch safe!). Highly recommended for those who want the ultimate, and are willing to embrace the technology!

Old 07-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much oil?

Be careful if using aftermarket (cheap) oil filters , they will go in either way and if installed backwards will cut the oil pressure ..

================================================== ==========================================