Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lectron Carb ...HELP HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 11:40 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my quad supposed to be in end of next week with my 416 kit etc etc.....i need to order this carb monday so it will be in about the same time...can anyone tell me anything about it...i just found out froma guy with one that he dynoed it 7+ hp on his 440 over stock and was +2 over fcr 39mm.... just answer any questions like do i have to mod my bike any for it to fit? do i still use the k&n filter or does it have one on it because i think you dont have keep the air box...thanks for any help
Jason

ps. if you have one tell me how the difference was

Old 01-27-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

With increased intake air flow rates your modifications permit, a larger-diameter, less-restrictive carburetor would contribute to the maximum power output possible.

No carburetor can do more than provide the optimum air/fuel ratio at any given operating point.

The Lectron's unique design permits tuning across the rpm range with a fuel metering rod profile and position, instead of jet diameters. Also, the Lectron's guillotine slide provides operating and response characteristics different from the typical constant velocity carburetors found on most ATVs.

The Lectron may provide you with some operating and tuning advantages, but I wouldn't expect miracles--you can't improve an optimum air/fuel ratio, and valve size limits improvement available from lowering intake restriction.

Diogenes

Old 01-27-2001, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

ok that really didnt help, nor impress me with all that lingo......could some one answer what i asked, about the filter and if you have one, the improvements....thanks.......

Old 01-27-2001, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

O.K., Yeah! Man, that Lectron carburetor will make you fly like the wind!

You'll break the sound barrier, even hold the World Land Speed Record!

Don't know how, but that Lectron carb just makes anything go FAAAAST!

Recommended especially for those with more money than mechanical understanding or ability, aka, the engine builder's dream customer.

How's that?

Diogenes

Old 01-27-2001, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

ok smart ***, why you even have to respond..i want a reasonable answer and im sure i speak for everyone when i say, its peeps like you that @#$# up a post......so ##$% off and let someone with sense answer.....

Old 01-27-2001, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Mine doesn't impress me too much. But i don't have my head ported yet, so that could be holding me back. I also have an off idle dead-spot. You have to hack up your throttle housing and the carb fits on the intake manifold at the 1 o'clock position. It is a really nice carb and cheap too. If i had the money, i'd go with the FCR 39mm Keinin.

Old 01-28-2001, 12:42 AM
Air
Pro Rider

The Lectron doesnt have an accelerator pump and will cause a low end bog. It is fine for MX where you keep the engine revved up. Go with the FCR if you want any low end without a bog you cant get rid of.

Old 01-28-2001, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

I have one and I love it. My engine builder told me that lectron was the best. I was going for the FCR but he said not too. So I went with the Lectron. It does kinda fit funny. But the guy doing mine has experience so it was easy for him. You have to move the air box foward(towards the front tires) about an inch b/c the lectron carb isn't the same length. Then you have to put a rod under the gast tank and lift it up about an inch and a half for the cable to run through. Here's my mods, 416 JE 11.1 piston, port and polish, k&n filter, WB Rev Kit, Lectron 38MM carb, XR 400 cam.
There's a guy that i race TT with that has the exact same set up, But he has stock bore. He eats up 250r's and banshee's all day on the TT track. Anything else you need to know let me know i'll try to give you an answer.

Aaron

Old 01-28-2001, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

Hey nc, I don't have a lectron but I couldn't agree with you more about the smart *** thing.
It would be nice to just get input from people with experience instead of crap from the professor.

Old 01-28-2001, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

Some notes on the FCR...

It fits nicely without modification to anything. You can get the cable that goes directly into your stock throttle so no hacking is required.

The accelerator pump is nice, I had to do some tweaking on mine to get the pumpshot strong enough to not allow a bog when the throttle is snapped open.

Still tuning on mine, (weathers' been bad, haven't got to play with it) but it looks promising.

Quick Reply: Lectron Carb ...HELP HELP!