Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What should I do????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do????

Im planning to give my cousin my 06 Rancher 350 2x4 for his birthday. He loves to go in mud. My proublem is that the bike is not a 4x4 so he is gana end up stuck.
I was planning to get a pair of foreman rear stock rimes cuz the rear rim on the rancher is only a 10 inch rim. With a 12 inch rim u got more tires to choose from. I was planning to put 26or27x12x12 outlaws on it and some not really aggrisive tire in the front or a stock tire. Would the tire rub the muffler or anything else ? I was thinking to get some wheel spacers just in case. My 2nd thought was to get some itp rims so I have a better offset whatever that means or to make the bike is alittle wider and the tire wont be as close to the muffler. Is it really worth getting rims for a 2wd bike. Right now I have 25x11x10 in the back on stock rims and when I dont have lot of air in the rear tire it would rub on the muffler/heat sheild whenever I would turn to the right.

So what would u think is a good set up for me to do????????????

Any tips or advice would help out alot.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What should I do????

I would buy him a winch and let him pick the tires out himself. He will NEED a winch. For wheels and tires that fit, use www.rockymountainatv.com.

Keep in mind bigger tires and wheels suck up horsepower, don't go too big or the engine won't have enough power to turn them.

I would keep the bike as light as possible, to maximize the horsepower you have.