Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Any Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009 | 06:24 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Any Help?

I'm trying to take off the head on this quad but it seems to b stuck or I dont have all the bolts out. I've taken off the 3 top caps on the drivers side top of the head and two 10mm bolts on the pass side. Removed the motor mount bolts on the pass side and disconnected the carb. Are there any more? I removed the valve cover and there are 3 more caps just like on the top driver side on the outside of the carb. Do these need to be removed as well in order to get the head off?

Old 01-10-2009 | 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Any Help?

yep 6 cap nuts total and the 2 10mm bolts on the starter side, then you need to take off the carb boot and mount

Old 01-11-2009 | 06:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default Any Help?

Here are the bolts to remove once you remove the mount , carb/intake flange , exhaust header .. Why are you removing the head ..

================================================== =====================================

Old 01-11-2009 | 03:45 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Any Help?

I recently tore down my 94 Kaw Bayou and rebuilt the motor as well as having the head redone. My buddy heard me talkin about it, so he wanted me to do his Honda. This is my buddys quad and it's smokin a little, white smoke. The compression was fine. so it's got to be the rubber oil seals on the valves. No problem for me, it's just a little different than the Bayou that I was workin on.