Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

whats the deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the deal

Ok whats the deal I asked a question the other day about my 400ex carb and only got one reply (thank you for that reply) someone has to have some input on this .I have asked questions in the past and gotten good reply.Help me out.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default whats the deal

That happens to me quite a bit too. I think 2 things: 1. There aren't alot of people on this forum and 2. Those that are on here just look and don't type.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Default whats the deal

Trust me guys there are plenty of people to answer you questions here.
A couple of tips for everyone. I no when I read questions the author needs to have basic English skills. Its impossible to read some of these questions that are one long paragraph with no punctuation. So what if you misspell occasionally just read before you submit and see if it makes since.

Another reason is if it's a question that's been answered a thousand times. You can search the forums for you answer.

Tell us your question and we can better tell you why nobody may have replied.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default whats the deal

Since the question you asked was about jetting with your particular machine with the mods you have on, I think that limited the number of people who have experience with that combination.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default whats the deal

Found your post. I bet biggest problem is it was posted on a weekend. Tend to have better results and more people on during the week.

As far as you problem, with the 38 pilot your getting pop on decel right? Screw it all the way in and back it out 3 full turns. If the pop on decel still exist try half a turn more. If still there I'd put the 42 back in. On the other problem, something just not balanced right with the carb.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default whats the deal

Thank you koopa.I was going to try a 42 p also I was wrong I have a 152 m I am going to go up on it to plug says it is lean.I have a question the air/fuel screw takes that D bit to adjust .Do you know where to get the gear driven one honda wants $125

Old 02-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default whats the deal

I don't. I really never had to mess with it.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default whats the deal

I put an HMF slip-on on my wife's 2006 400EX and only changed the main jet and the pilot.
The needle is not adjustable. It's never had any problems with decel pops so I didn't have to mess with the air/fuel screw.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default whats the deal

Are you running the air box lid on or off? Also what size and brand of jets are you running ? thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default whats the deal

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Koopa

Trust me guys there are plenty of people to answer you questions here.

A couple of tips for everyone. I no when I read questions the author needs to have basic English skills. Its impossible to read some of these questions that are one long paragraph with no punctuation. So what if you misspell occasionally just read before you submit and see if it makes since.

Another reason is if it's a question that's been answered a thousand times. You can search the forums for you answer.

Tell us your question and we can better tell you why nobody may have replied.</end quote></div>

well excuse everybody for not being as well educated as you are..........

Quick Reply: whats the deal