Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rancher & ATV Ramp

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rancher & ATV Ramp

Do you think this ramp would be a good selection for my 08 Rancher 4X4. It's 6 feet long and spans 51" from end to end.

http://www.fivestarmfginc.com/...num-trifold-ramps.htm

Thanks

Old 02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Would work fine for getting into a pick up. Just make sure it has a way to hold tight to the vehicle/trailer your loading it on. You don't want those things sliding out on you.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

P.S. welcome to the forum, just noticed your a newbie. Lots of good info in here.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the response. I actually haven't purchased the Rancher yet...so I'm blindly trying to select a good ramp. Do you think there's any chance the Rancher would be too narrow for this ramp...in other words, is there a possibility that the insides of the wheels would "fall" into the open space of the ramp? I hope this makes sense. I really like this ramp because when it's folded it will slide under the Rancher.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

I doubt it. The centers of the tires should be about 40 inches apart plus or minus a few inches. I would think you would be right in the middle kinda like the picture shows. That Polaris probably has a very similar wheel base.

The rancher is a great machine. Hope you can get it soon. You won't be able to find enough time to ride!!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

allanrmeadows
i've got a rancher and my gf bought me a set of trifold ramps that are full, meaning that the center looks just the same as the outsides of the ramp. and it still folds up flat so it slides underneath, tight but it can't be any taller than that one there. i'm not sure how long it is, i think its only 5 and a half but it still works well and i'm loading into a 1500 silvy with 285's and z71 package so it sits a tad higher than some other vehicles (by no means is it tall its still shorter than the old dodge was stock). It seems steep at first but its easy to get used to but like turfguy said MAKE SURE TO ANCHOR THEM i've seen vids when guys don't and its not a pretty sight.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What do they want for that ramp you are looking at?

If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse nearby, they had a full tripple ramp at a pretty good price. From the photo, and my memory, I think it's a bit longer than the one you showed.

Do be sure to use a cable or tarp strap from a rung on the ramp to the bumper, so the thing doesn't skid back and slip off the end of the tailgate.

The Rancher is a great, nimble and snappy machine, a bit physically smaller than most of the mid and large displacement 4x4's.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Turfguy, what ever you buy make sure you can tie it to the truck so it wont slip off the tailgate.

We have the same type of ramp that is 6' long and loaded our ATV in the back of a 4-wd for quite a few years with no problems.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey man want you just get a bi fold ramp it will work because i have a 06 rancher 4x4 with 27" tires and it works good.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

I bought ramp ends at Northern Tool for $30 for 2 x 8's. I think this is the way to go. That way you can make the ramp as long as you need so it's not so steep. And they are super strong. The only thing is they don't fold up. But for the money...........

Quick Reply: Honda Rancher & ATV Ramp