Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

top speed of an 09 trx 400x

Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 420Pimp
Judging from half the comments here I wont post any thing use full because it seems like a waste. With thaat said. lol

Hawkman- Jet kit regulates your fuel / air mixture, how much of each get into the cylinder ... If your not evan sure what a jet kit is dont attempt to do it on your own. Call your local shops and see what they would charge you to pipe and jet your quad.

Check out denniskirk.com or rockymountainatv.com for pipe /jet kit combos.
pipe /jet kit combos are dyer to let your bike run at its full potential.

Great pipes for ex=

White brothers
Big Gun
Pro Circuit
Yosimura
FmF
Hey there Pimp, if you didn't notice, Hawkman's post was in 2009

Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Besides, no engine, jetting, air filter or pipe mods will make your quad "faster" unless you change either the rev limiter or the gearing or both.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

The way the weather has been here, a sail would make anything faster.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Besides, no engine, jetting, air filter or pipe mods will make your quad "faster" unless you change either the rev limiter or the gearing or both.
^Any one that knows anything about engines and carb setups are laughing about this post!

Im not even going to begin to explain why a carb can have so much influence on response and quickness if set up correctly on a stock engine with the right pipe, because you allready know so much huh...Guess my 15 years of racing experience and hundreds of manufactures ,shop gurus, mechanics, and gear heads have been wrong all these years.... But hell what do we know were just professionals...

Learn a few things then when you try to post something useful, it might actually be something people can learn from next time! Until then...

Unsubscribed

Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

^Any one that knows anything about engines and carb setups are laughing about this post!

Im not even going to begin to explain why a carb can have so much influence on response and quickness if set up correctly on a stock engine with the right pipe, because you allready know so much huh...Guess my 15 years of racing experience and hundreds of manufactures ,shop gurus, mechanics, and gear heads have been wrong all these years.... But hell what do we know were just professionals...

Learn a few things then when you try to post something useful, it might actually be something people can learn from next time! Until then...

Unsubscribed
Hey Pimp, that is why I put FASTER in quotes!!!!
Throttle response and QUICKNESS will be affected by all mods, but if you do not change the rev limiter and or gearing the quad will not be faster
ie: TOP SPEED!!!!
Why don't you learn a few things in all your years of experience, jackass!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Oh, just one other thing Pimp (if you happen to come back to read this)
I may not have 15 years of racing experience, but I have had a quality education where I learned the difference between fast and quick.
I think more people will laugh at you and your post, than at mine.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Red is correct. I have many years of racing behind me. Go Karts, not ATV's. Top speed will not change unless the rev limiter is defeated or removed, or the gearing is changed. But, how FAST you GET to that limiter is a measure of quickness. There are proffessional football tackles that are QUICKER than sprinters. They can run 40 yards in less time. But the sprinter will run the 440 in less time. I know, not a good comparison but...... But I think Pimp just assumed the OP thought fast = quick. Don't be so hard on him Red.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Unsubscribed
Originally Posted by budedm
But I think Pimp just assumed the OP thought fast = quick. Don't be so hard on him Red.
In Red's defense, you can't make a statement like that, and not expect a response. Especially when it's wrong.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

True. I think they are both great guys so I'm staying on the fence.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

So besides all that, anyone hear when we should be expecting the new models to hit mach 1?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: top speed of an 09 trx 400x