Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Nerf Bars for a 400ex; whats the best?

Old 04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i agree with andyman450r
them are the nerf bars im going to get for my 2 400exs,DG makes good nerf bars my uncle allways had DG

Old 04-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone I appreciate your input! I have been looking non stop at all the one's that everyone posted and I went ahead and got the Tusks with heel guards. The price on ebay for new ones are really reasonable and due to me being a college student, I am short of money. I ordered them and they should be here in about a week so I will follow up with how they are and the install. I really did like those DG like what andyman had but I just couldn't afford them. Maybe when I get some more money I will get the DG's. I would like to thank everyone again for helping out with your posts and input!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 2005 400ex which has 4 year old BLACK tusk nerf bars. they have been awesome, and saved my legs plenty of times. the front of the nerf bars kind of mount up cheesy but I havent had any problems with them. i had to cut my heel guards a little to get them to fit but i can stand on the bars and they are solid, and they have scratches and dents on the bottoms BUT THE PAINT DOESNT CHIP OFF. all in all for a little over 100$ you cant complain.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Range Rover

just got mine today and they look alot better in person than the pic. man thier pretty sweet. well see how they hold up

Old 04-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Leroy400ex
I have a 2005 400ex which has 4 year old BLACK tusk nerf bars. they have been awesome, and saved my legs plenty of times. the front of the nerf bars kind of mount up cheesy but I havent had any problems with them. i had to cut my heel guards a little to get them to fit but i can stand on the bars and they are solid, and they have scratches and dents on the bottoms BUT THE PAINT DOESNT CHIP OFF. all in all for a little over 100$ you cant complain.
Wow that is impressive that the paint hasn't/doesn't chip off. Everyone I have talked to say "dont get black or colored" but that really puts a new perspective on Tusk nerf bars. I have been hearing some really good things about Tusks and like you said, the price is great! Thank you for your input on Tusks I am really excited!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by gsjeepxr
just got mine today and they look alot better in person than the pic. man thier pretty sweet. well see how they hold up
I am waiting on mine, should come anytime this week, and I am excited. I hope they hold up well! Keep me posted on how yours holds up and you should put a picture up when you get them on. What kind of riding do you do, trail riding or tracks with jumps? Thanks for your input again!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

mainly alota trails. but do like the jumps. just nothing too serious. yea ima put all the plastics n nerfs on tomorrow. i just got it back from getting a top end job, port n polish and cam. now i gotta break it in. will try to get some pics tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

It sounds like you ride just like me, do like jumps but mostly trails. That is cool that you got it all port n polished with a cam! That outta be fun breaking it in ! Yeah gets some pics on here if you can!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

I just got my new tusks today from the ups man! Just got them on and they look shiny and sweet! Install was all bolt on, I did need to work on getting them on and lining up the three holes for each side because once they are on, they are very snug on, not loose at all which is a good thing. It took about an hour-hour half to get the stock pegs off and put the tusks on. I got a little nervous about it bolting through the front motor-mount bolt but all in all it seems to hold really good *knock on wood*. I bet it will actually be really strong on there. I will get pics on here tomorrow because it is dark right now but they look great and I hope they hold up as good as they look! I have heard only good things about tusks so I have faith! Thanks again everyone for your input! I will keep updates if something happens to them or how they are holding up! Everyone with tusks do the same if you can! Thanks again everyone!

Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default nerf bars

go with the UL performance. they are cheap and look great