Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

300ex High output stator

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 300ex High output stator

Ok, So I am looking for a high output stator for my 300ex.

The big name guys tell me the stock stator is maxxed out and cannot go bigger, Wattage wise...
They also tell me its 110watts.

Well As some of you know I run ALOT of lights.

My setup is for extreme night rides and spotting spiders!

So, I run 2 55 watt (round-white) lights up top on a custom bracket. they sit up even with my bars.

Second set is the spider spotters. 2 55 watt(round-yellow) lights. Mounted on the same bracket, But below my upper whites.
These work so well its not even funny!
How many times did you not see that 6 foot diameter web across the trail untill it was wrapped around your face at 30mph+? well the yellows make those webs glow GOLD! and can be seen from 10-15 feet away, depending how thick it is. NO MORE SPIDER MAN FOR ME!!! UGH! I hate spiders! especially at night!

Finnaly I have one rectangle (white) 55watt light mounted on the frame just behind the bumper.

They are all setup to use the factory light switchs.
with one exception, the yellow on/off switch works my 2 yellow spider spotters. A simple on/off setup.
While the white high/low switch operates either just my bottom bumper light on low. While when you flip to high, it turns on all 3 white lights.
Everything is on its own relays and is water tight.
This allows me to turn on my lower white and yellows at the same time while leaving my uppers off. Or running pure whites, all 3. And even all 5 at the same time. but the yellow gets washed out and becomes useless. So iI dont run all 5.. Other than the obvious. 55x5 = 275 = Dead battery.

This operated for almost a year with no problems at all. Even under 6-10 hour night rides, 2-3 per weekend! Yess I ride ALOT!

But now, Im killing my battery in under 2 hours with only my top 2 whites on.. While with no lights on, I can run all day long with no problems.

So back on topic. I need a Powerfull stator.
Im under the impression the 250X has alot of parts that transfer over and it has a high output stator. anyone know its wattage rating?
Or a stator that will bolt on with out mutch trouble and produce say..... 170-200+ watts?
I am replacing my battery with a Gell cell Hopefully that will bandaid my problem for awhile. Was also thinking of running duel batterys, but that also is just a bandaid for the stator problem.

Any ideas?
Other than what Im alread thinking. Step up to a 400ex or 450r. As they both have some serious aftermarket stators..

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails 300ex High output stator-latest-geratest-080.jpg  

Last edited by ezdaar; 05-29-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 05-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ricky Stator: Manufacture of ATV & dirt bike stators, electrical componets, lighting systems, and suspension products. If they don't have what you want, I bet they can build you one!

Another alternative is to ride a ute or put a 6-pack rack on your EX, then seperately run one of the little "suitcase" generators. I have the Honda EU1000i, and it is a sweet little unit! I think you can run DC off of it directly as well.