Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the cost of a new transmission for the Rubicon?

Old 02-18-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

What's it matter, It'll probably be covered under the recall that I'm sure is on its way.

Old 02-18-2001, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

I dont know what a new tranny cost for a honda but I think a new belt for a polaris is about $30.Shoot I bet that Rubi tranny is at least twice that.

Old 02-18-2001, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Isn't the tranny and engine inseperable, meaning you have to do them both.

Old 02-18-2001, 11:44 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

funny thing is that i have never seen a honda tranny fail, the hondamatic in my dads 350 street bike is bulletproof

Old 02-19-2001, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

What great comments from the usual band of Polaris yahoos..........what a joke.

The tranny is seperate from the engine. I am not sure of the cost, but I have faith that it will not have problems. If you are really interested in the cost, go to the local Honda dealer and look at their parts diagram and get the cost.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Texmud, I think that when you made the comment about "Polaris Yahoos" only two had commented. Just exactly how does that make the usual "band"? I would think that at least five would have to comment to make a "band of Polaris Yahoos".

Old 02-20-2001, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

minehunter, the comment was in no way directed to you. There are a select few individuals that love to bash on here and jump at the opportunity to knock down another quad that is different than their own. Some of those individuals posted here. Trust me they know who they are. This post asked a legitimate question and got bashing responses. Actually I see that some have been edited...... Sorry if I offended you.

Old 02-20-2001, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Rifleman you best be tradin that thing off for something thats belt driven,who knows what you got yourself into with that experimental tranny you might get out on a trail and that thang come apart on you no telling what it cost.They might hold up for a year or two but lord knows after that.I know them belt driven autos are simple mechanics but they are also cheap to work on .Thats why I didnt by one of them new fangled things I went and gots me something I knows goin to hold together

Old 02-20-2001, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Your name implies that you ride a Polaris HOsoulman, and yet you stated that you bought a quad that you knew would hold together. Don't you think you should update your name to reflect whatever reliable quad you traded that Polaris for? I am sure you are not speaking of a reliable Polaris as that is an oxymoron. LOL
In all seriousness, Honda has not had any problems that I have seen with the Hondamatic. Some Polaris guys have an inferiority complex about Hondas in general because of their superior technology and reliability, just like some Honda owners have a complex about the independant rear suspension and 4WD system of the Sportsman. Both are good machines and if I ever see a Polaris owner out on the trails, I will not be too proud to tow them back to their truck in the parking area. JUST KIDDING!!

Quick Reply: Rubicon Tranny