Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2001 Honda Foreman 450 question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Honda Foreman 450 question

I like to ask the resale value of a 2001 honda foreman 450 with buton shift set-up
I seen the bike for sale yesterday overall condition not mint like the seller said but had a few broken plastic parts,scratches, not bad road nice shifted no problems.
I wonder what is a good price or a fair price on the atv.the bike had 571 mi only
are there any pro's or cons on this atv??

Old 08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

I bought an identical bike last fall (foreman 450 es). Mine only had 61 miles on it. Was stored indoors with no dirt anywhere on it. Fuel drained and oil changed every year I bought with a snow plow for $3500, like I said it was in great running condition and very clean. The only thing I have done to it so far is turned the idle down and changed the spark plug.

It is my hunting quad and wife's trail quad. Very stable and lots of low end grunt. So far very pleased.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

The guy want $2,00.00 for the bike :yes if it was mint no problem,I WAS GOING TO OFFER HIM $1,700.00
THE REAR COVER IS DAMAGE DEEP SCRATCHES FADED PAINT
FRONT SHIELD DENTED
FOOT STEP BROKEN
TARE IN THE SEAT
TIRES ARE ORIGINAL GOOD SHAPE

Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds kinda beat up. Make sure it doesn't smoke and shifts well. Test drive it for at least 10-15 minutes.

If all works, the body stuff can be fixed easily. Here is a pic of mine after I cleaned it from trip to H/F.

http://i25.tinypic.com/14sm5jq.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2n055qs.jpg

Old 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

A pic of her at H/F along side a 99 Foreman 450.
com/24c8dj7.jpg

Like I said my wife rides it trail riding and loves it. Very stable and bullet proof if you take care of it.
http://i26.tinypic.com/35hhaas.jpg

After a bad experience with an Arctic Cat, I went to Honda. Chose reliability over other options that other brands offer. I own the 09 Rincon on the end as well. This year I have put a combined 1000 miles on both my Hondas with no problems so far. The two yellow quads are my buddies and he has over 2000 miles on each of his. Niether one have had any repairs (99 Foreman 450ES and 04 Rubicon). He is who sold me on Hondas. Got sick of him pulling me out of the woods.

http://i31.tinypic.com/117u3ih.jpg

Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did test drive yesterday for about 15 min: bike started right up from sitting a few weeks, idle nice no miss ; gears shifted no problems :it did take a while to understand the button shift from 1st gear to 5th gear not using your feet (toes)to shift gears:all lights worked
always 4 whell drive :reverse you needed tp push the red button in first near the hand brake.gears work excellent,no smoke,no leaks ,air filter clean,the bike in first gear had a lot of low end traction.
I don't think it a bad price anyway the bike has so much power in first gear,I really don't think it is need to start off in 1st gear.
My son watched me go down the block a few time (no blue,no smoke) i felt the bike pull a little to the right but on concrete street it could be the street pavement.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you have covered the basics. Congratulations on the new bike if you choose to go with it.

Trending Topics

Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

any one were to get some cover and foot step plates parts for this bike/
I think I will try 400 wet @ dry to remove some light scratches and see if I can wheel the color back up.I did notice the foot plate (plastic) needs to be changed.
I will stip the racks and repaint with POR-15 black
I have to straighten the front splash cover.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

You can probably get those parts from the dealer...sometimes they arent that expensive. Other then that you can try a used parts dealer, or Ebay. I painted my racks with spray can truck bed liner, they look like the racks on the new Yamaha bikes now, and are a little more slip resistant. The front aluminum splash cover always gets bent, I replaced mine with a full skid plate from MOOSE Equipment...much stronger then stock, and goes straight to the back of the engine.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I shot a picture of it in the garage a little dark not much light at the work bench
I would it needs a good cleaning and someting to buff the color up again they use on plastic

Quick Reply: 2001 Honda Foreman 450 question