Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool need some help!!!

I have a TRX500FA Honda Foreman Rubicon 2002. I have a severe oil leak in the front drive shaft. The shaft coming out of the engine to the front wheel differential. My son got a corn stalk stuck in it, and now leaks severely. The oil seal is ruined. Is it possible to replace the seal with out disassembly the lower unit of the motor, or is possible to seperate the drive shaft. And replace the seal. Also would like to now if anybody has a repair manual on pdf file that they can send me or website that has a free download. Don't really want to purchase a repair manual. Can be very pricey.. I'm mechanically inclined, so I will be doing it my self, but have never worked on them. I'm a maint. tech. by trade so have an understanding of it. Just would like to have some feed back on this repair. Thanks, Tim.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody should be without a service manual...just spend the money! Even if one never makes a single repair, you can learn so much about your machine just paging through one. Most of the little questions we get in here could be avoided by spending 5 minutes with a service manual.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up TRX500FA repair manual 2002. Honda Foreman Rubicon.

Thanks ReconRanger, I probably will do so. But I will still try to see what I can come up with. It will be useful down the road I'm sure. Thanks again.