Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New Quad, Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Quad, Need Advice!

Alright guys, I just picked up my 00 400 ex(red), it has white bros e-series and k&n air filter. Right now I am in the process of stripping down the frame and painting it a different color. I am wanting a very unique color to really make her stand out, at first i wanted to go with a black frame and red a-arms, but now im wondering if that isn't unique enough. If anyone has any ideas at all of colors or any pictures it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Powder blue frame, white body.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by budedm
Powder blue frame, white body.

I do like that, i did consider doing a blue color but then i started thinking about if i wanted to buy new plastic or not.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of people painting the plastic but I don't know how well it stays on. Seems like it'd peel off really easy but I don't know.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by budedm
I have heard of people painting the plastic but I don't know how well it stays on. Seems like it'd peel off really easy but I don't know.

Yeah, if i could find out a way that i could do that without it peeling i would in a heart beat.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

2000 Ex.... my guess is you prob do not have alot into it.. I say you bolt it back together and ride the **** out of it. IMO I would think more people would remember that crazy azz dude flying throught the (fill in blank) on the 400 ex, than that guy on that sweet azz color (fill in the color) 400ex. But just my opinion.. Mine is color mud, dust and shrubs...

Old 02-02-2010, 11:49 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

Although Xcitmt has a good point, it's not a waste of time to fix up your ride a little bit either/

Krylon Fusion is a good plastic spray paint, follow the directions and it won't disappoint you

Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by xcitmt
2000 I say you bolt it back together and ride the **** out of it.
That's what some people do and I guess that's ok but I guess it depends on how far a person goes. I mean, when I buy something used, I go through it with a fine tooth comb before I ride the **** out of it. Stuff like bearings, filters, adjustments, brakes, lights, latches, racks, etc. The I ride the **** out of it. But I like to know things are ready for me to ride. I don't like things breaking down on the trail and I like it even less when I know it's my fault for not maintaining something or greasing something. But as far as powder coating and painting, sometimes I do just because it makes me feel good but if things are ok in that department, I leave it and ride. I pay attention to mechanical things more than cosmetics. But when I see a beautiful looking old quad, I can usually guess that if the outside looks that good, the mechanical stuff is good too.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree, thats why i'm going cheap i think i am going to go with using the fusion paint on the plastic going with black. and then painting the frame blue. thoughts?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds great. Flames on the sides???

Quick Reply: New Quad, Need Advice!