Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HAVOLINE IS THE SAME AS HONDA OIL..................

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SORRY GUYS TO BE SO MUCH TROUBLE. I DIDN'T MEAN HONDA OF TROY ACTUALLY DOES THIS, A GUY I MET SAT. TOLD ME THIS. HE COULD BE ABSOUTLY WRONG AND I APPOLIGIZE FOR THE REMARK. I JUST WONDERED HOW TRUE IT WAS BECAUSE OIL IS SO EXSPENSIVE. HE SAID THE STICKERS WERE PUT ON THE 55 GALLON DRUMS THEY USED. I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL HERE TO HELP AND EDUCATE EACH OTHER. SORRY FOR THE BAD INFO. JUST TRYING TO LEARN. WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WAS TRUE MYSELF. DID'NT MEAN TO GIVE HONDA OF TROY A BAD REP.

Old 03-05-2001, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

SORRY TREE FARMER DIDN'T MEAN TO HIT A NEREVE. YOU MAYBE ABSOUTELY RIGHT. I WAS JUST MAKING A COMMENT ON SOMETHING I WAS TOLD. SHOULD HAVE LEFT OF THE DEALERSHIPS NAME THOUGH. MODERATOR CAN DELETE WHOLE TOPIC IF HE WISHES.

Old 03-05-2001, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

I don't think we'll ever know the truth. Even if it presented itself, one side or the other wouldn't accept it. Common sense tells me that if I pour oil into the engine of a $20-30k automobile, it had better be good enough for a motorcycle. But there are smarter people than me that disagree. That fact that it's darker and smells different doesn't impress me. As far as tearing down a motor and seeing signs...Well theres the same aurgument with different types of automobile oil. For example, Pennzoil used to have more contaminants than any other oil. I suppose that means bad. Now Pennz markets the "nearly clean oil". I guess those reports where true.
I use Valveoline because most mechanics I knoe say it's "good"
You know that a Mastercraft boats comes with a lifetime warrenty on the engine IF...you let them do the scheduled maintenace which includes Mobile 1. I'm not sure what the opionions are about synthetic in a quad.