Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Fire apparatus

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A while back I posted the results of a comparison that we performed within my fire department for the selection of an ATV to use as a wildland fire apparatus and a rescue apparatus. Well, we just took possession of our Polaris 6X6. We have removed the plastic box from the rear and are building the flat-bed/skid for multi-use. If anybody is interested in seeing the results and how we configured this machine for use in the fire and rescue service, please respond to this post and include your e-mail and I will forward the information.

As to why I am posting this on the Honda forum: there seems to be a lot of people from other forums that peruse this one. A lot of what we are doing to our Polaris 6X6 can be modified and adjusted for use on a 4-wheel ATV. In fact, my Rubicon will be used as primary backup and my Kodiak will be backup to the Ruby. We will be building small attachment points that will allow some of the equipment to be mounted to the Ruby and Kodiak racks.

Old 03-06-2001, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I would like to see that. We've been tossing around ideas about creating a grass rig for our own department. We need something to replace the '63 army surplus Jeep that is either broken down when we need it or stuck in the mud.

E-mail mikebike@vbe.com