Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help bad!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help bad!!!!!!!!!

this sunday just gone by my atv was stoolen 2002 450 foreman, they beat the ignition out to try an start it with a screw driver then just cut the wires right off. in the end they didnt get it going and left it sitting in the trail only a few hundred feet from my house. now i have 4 cut ignition wires and cant get it started. can anyone PLEASE give any advice on how to get my bike going again.

Attached Thumbnails Need help bad!!!!!!!!!-wheeler.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have two pieces of advice. 1. get a manual with a wiring digram in it. 2. move to a better neighborhood.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i concur. buy a manual. it's a good investment. heck, your owner's manual should have a wiring diagram in it. my honda does. you didn't specify how you store your quads, but i think you'd better change that also. like put them in a shed or garage that's locked up. not just sitting near your house. too many thiefs and meth monkeys running around.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Ignition switches are fairly cheap on ebay too.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

i bought a new ingition switch but still will not start, took out plug and no fire. is there anything they could have screwed up by cutting wires? i see no other cut wires, bike is in neutral, only way starter will work is if i cross over the solenoid starter button will not work. everything worked perfect last time i drove it untill it was stollen. im at a complete loss here. really want to get it going again but dont know where to go from here

Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I have a new key switch tho with key but has no fire so even by passing would still have the same prob

Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

so let's look over the safety interlocks if the starter won't spin and the obvious no spark condition. i'm not real familiar with the foreman model so please forgive me. i'll study up on it. you and others are familiar with it. so let's think through the safety interlocks such as neutral switches or park switches (if it's an automatic). what is the battery voltage now? they didn't kill the battery did they? for you to install a new keyed iginition switch and still have no power, we've got to start back at the battery and test the wiring from there back and forth to the switch and what not.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

here's a hyperlink to an older thread that "might" help. i couldn't find anything online. i reckon if this doesn't help, you'll have to find a manual.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/hond...g-diagram.html

Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I got it runnung today, had to remove the neutral light indicator wire and ground it out and it fired right up. Another problem tho that just come up is my speedometer screen was brooken I got a second hand one pluged it in it worked perfect turned the key off now it won't show anything on screen, I thought the battery was dead so I pull started it soon as I pulled it over the screen flashed on for a second and that was it any ideas?

Old 02-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

loose connections giving intermittent power? that what it sounds like to me. have you used dilectric grease for your quick connect fittings?