Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Good bye my friends

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can read my farewell speech on the second page of the (Rubicon died when in deep water) post.

Old 03-18-2001, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

You seem intelligent enough (in your posts that you use correct spelling and grammar.) Why don't you make your own ship come in? Get a job!

Old 03-18-2001, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

jg40178, I wouldn't waste keystrokes offering character guidance for HOsoulman.

His persona appears fraudulent.

I believe the dialect and illiterate posture he affected started out as an attempt at humor. However, satire and parody, even GOOD satire and parody, plays to a limited audience everywhere, certainly on the Forum, with many ultra-literal readers.

When HOsoulman's material met with an unsympathetic reception, he became hostile himself. HOsoulman went over the line when he assumed a faux or bogus racial identity, even as a failed comedic device, in my opinion.

I hope at least one thing about HOsoulman is genuine: his statement he is leaving the Forum.

Diogenes

Old 03-18-2001, 07:06 AM
Trailblazer

diogenes,

After reading your post, I must agree with you. I considered what he says in his farewell speech. Even in this desperate reach for pity he is not telling the truth. He says that he: (A) is on disability, (B) has no car to drive, and (C) collects cans in order to pay his internet bill. So presumably he is ambulatory enough to walk around and do all of the bending over, etc., to pick up cans yet is disabled enough to have to rely on disability. Either he is full of $hit, or he is lazy to the extent that he'd rather our tax dollars support him rather than getting a job. Either way, you are right. He isn't worth wasting keystrokes on.

Old 03-18-2001, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

HOsoulman's mean-spirited "minstrel show," where he pretends to be "black," insults an entire race of people. He's attacked others, and used foul language (in another topic). He mocks the needy and the genuinely handicapped, people who deserve sympathy, not humiliation. He's tried intimidating all non-Polaris riders by his incessant quad-bashing. Finally, he's not even funny, if this schtick is his idea of a joke.

Isn't there enough hatred to go around? Let's talk about ATVs, instead of hurling racial and ethnic slurs and personal insults.

Where's a moderator when you need one?

Diogenes

Old 03-18-2001, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

He must have that new disease that has been going around lately... I beleive that it's called "lazyatitis" something like that no matter what kind of disability you'd beable to get a job somewhere, some how to care for your self, just depends on how hard you want to look.

Old 03-18-2001, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, come on guys. Didn't that make you laugh? Maybe I was just bored and found it funny. Anyway, I hope you guys didn't actually believe that story, did you???

Old 03-19-2001, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

This guy soulman was cracking me up. How could anyone with a sense of humor be affended or have taken anything he said seriously?

Old 03-19-2001, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

It is sad that some people can't find humor in what he wrote. Uptight people realy bother me.
These are the same kind of people that say kids should seen and not heard, and tell their kids do what I say and not what I do.

Old 03-19-2001, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

Come on guy's are you really taking anything that soulman said serious! I don't claim to be very smart but I could see he was faking his spelling and trying to get someone ticked off and he did.One thing he did say that was true Polaris's 500ho is the best riding bike out there.

Quick Reply: Good bye my friends