Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

got the big 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the big 3

Got my hmf swamp series, uni filter, cut my carb spring 13 down, and rejetted my 2007 rubicon. Also wraped the pipe with header wrap. i dont know if its just me but i really dont see much difference. i wasnt expecting to ride wheeling or anything but at least maybe get the wheels off the ground like an inch in low lol (i also have a 30lb venom winch, 26inch swamp lites and 12" itp wheels and about 100lb of chains in the rear box plus im 220 so this could all come into play). I think i have it jetted decent might get it dyno tested later on to see. Runs good threw whole throttle. Just one thing though is that it will make a psshhh(imagine shooting a gun out of a silencer) sound out the exhaust about 2 sec. after i turn it off. Only does this when i kill the swich not when i stop or slow. I ended up turning pilot jet between 2 and 2 1/4. 2.5 seemed to rich, it was real slugish 0-1/8 throttle. Also set the idel up a bit(idels kinda rough but not crazy bad). So does it sound like im running to lean maybe? Thanks everyone

Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

The whoosh noise is unburnt gases igniting when you shut the engine down...Exhaust wrap contains the heat better,and is possibly igniting unburnt exhaust gases giving it that whooshing sound..Mine did it with the HMF slip on...Run a plug test...Using a new plug helps,but isn't necessary...Ride it hard for 15 minutes,or so,then ease off it for 5 minutes tooling around at 3/4 throttle then shut the run switch to off position (bumping into neutral helps) while you let off the throttle...Let cool down a few minutes,remove the plug(not easy to do on a Rubi) to see what color it is...black=too rich,need smaller main jet,or possibly better air filter for more airflow...White=too lean needs more gas,or less air... Medium to darker tan is ideal,and ethanol diluted gas will cause the plug to read whitish,only run non e gas...I run a 155 Dynojet main,needle is set 4th notch down from the top with 1 added washer above e clip n stock washer below,3-3.25 turns out on the gas/air mixture screw,stock pilot jet,K&N with an Outerware,2.5" snorkel on my Rubi with zero internal engine mods,gutted OEM muffler with spark arrestor(made more power on the dyno than the HMF swamp series slip on I had on it previously)...I'm at 160 ft above sea level,and it runs like a scalded dog compared to bone stock...It should wheelie if you throw yer weight back while yanking on the bars while you thumb it 3/4 throttle from a dead start even stock...Run the plug test,then adjust the fuel,air accordingly..Check out hondaatvforums.net as we have a pretty good bunch of helpful,and friendly guys,and it's a very informative forum...

Old 05-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey man thanks alot for the replys i really appreciate it. I will def. sign up at the forum. So did they figure that this should be your settings from the dyno? Im at 1000ft. needle 2nd clip with stock washer below and dj above, 155 main, oem pilot. Thanks alot man