Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

To all RUBICON owners. (Valves adjusted?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 11:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a general ?. Has anyone adjusted their valves? If so when? and what were your signs to determine valve adjustment. Mine has 42 miles and want to know what to be listening for or any signs if any at all. The Rubicons engine/transmission has a unique design and I'm wondering if it needs it at all.

Old 03-26-2001, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

According to the manual, you should adjust your valves at 100 miles (break in) and then every 600 miles. I do mine every 300 or so. Signs for this would include the "valve ticking" noise and mileage. If you go too long without adjusting them and they are out of spec you will hurt your engine and not be getting full power. Do yours at 100 miles. On both my quads at 100 miles they were out of spec. The Rubicon might have a unique transmission design but the engine is just like any other.

Old 03-26-2001, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

TEXMud,
Thanks for the reply. I kind of assumed they would need adjusted but wanted to ask. This is my first Honda. To tell you the truth I was hoping you would reply since your knowlege on Quads is great especially the Rubicon since you own one also. My brothers and I have been riding quads for awhile and just recently got back into it since moving to Texas. We have been on a couple rides and have a yahoo page. I think on your site you mentioned you havent been to Barnwell(Gilmer) yet. We have been twice and its great. Check out the pics on the site. Maybe we'll hook up and ride sometime since were in the same area. Take care and thanks again for the reply.

Mike.http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bclmstrawderman

Old 03-26-2001, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Rockwall huh? I have 2-3 riding buddies that all live there. TPnTX posts here sometimes and thats where he lives. How old are yall? I'm 26 and TPnTX....heck he's an old man! Where do yall ride?

Old 03-26-2001, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep Rockwall. Go check our pics out on the yahoo page its full of pics. http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bclmstrawderman . Were all brothers that ride together. Our ages are 33,30,29,23. Our riding areas have been Lake Lavon,Barwell mtn (Gilmer). We havent been to many places our quads are new and we have just started to riding again. We havent hit to much mud yet. Our bikes are stock for now were all looking at upgrades.

Old 03-26-2001, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

I don't call it pushing 40,I'm just pulling 30!
Hey, RDhrd we'll have to hook up sometime. There is a small group of us from Rockwall, the Plano boys and girls plus all the East Texas people we've met. What general area of Rockwall do you live in?
oh yeah my webpage is www.versacreator.com/tpntx

Old 03-26-2001, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

TPnTX,
I live at Legends on the lake off of Yellowjacket lane. My brothers live out 205 past the truckstop across from the scoreboard bar in the new development called Meadowcreek estates. You guys ride at Lake Lavon? Its nothing big or great and most of the time its flooded but it works and its close. Where do you guys go mostly? And whats the best place around here to ride without driving a long distance? We will have to hook up sometime and ride.

Old 03-26-2001, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

We live real close. Its called Lakeside Village right now. Im trying to build a house about 20mins east of where your brother lives but rain rain rain. We've kinda been all over. Me and tex have been to Lavon a few times. Him more than me. Most recently have been a lot of trips out to Fun Wheeler in Longview. It's flooded now. Couple weeks ago me and another guy went to Broken Bow, Ok. Whoa! what a place. Before that we camped at Shiloh Ridge. Really just all over and a lot of driving. I have 32' rv trailer when we camp it's a big freakin deal. The Broken bow thing was too cool. You pay $25.00 a year to ride in OK. Endless trails, logging roads, hills...you name it. I really like that place. 2-3 hour drive though. The Athens ride comming up on Easter is someplace I haven't been. I'm going to try. Email me and I'll give you my # so we can keep in touch. I've got 13.3 acres which is of course too small to ride much on, but there is land all around me that I think I'll be able to ride on. I saw some guys out the other day.
tom.penny@emrys.com

Old 03-26-2001, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Lake Lavon is probably the coolest place around here(as long as you cross the railroad bridge and go under 78). Right now most places are way too flooded. There is a small place in the Colony which is awesome. Go to the Athens ride it was a blast last time. It is on Easter weekend and information for it can be found [url=http://www.heavymetal4x4.homestead.com]here[\url]

Old 03-26-2001, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

TPnTX, the only thing you are pushing is that pesky gregsims dude out of your way!

Quick Reply: To all RUBICON owners. (Valves adjusted?)