Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Got my Goodyear Mudrunners today for my Rancher 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 09:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPS delivered them about 2:00 so I hurried home from work and took them to the local tire shop to have them changed over. They charged $6.00 a tire which was money well spent, they had a hard time getting the beads to seat (took close to 50lbs. of air pressure.) They make the Rancher look like a completely different machine. I can't wait to get out and break em in right. I went with 25x8x12 fronts and 25x10x11 rears from www.treaddepot.com.

Old 03-28-2001, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

please make a post after you have tried them out. Thanks

01 Rancher 350 FE1

Old 03-28-2001, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

I would like a review on them myself and what was your shipping charges or was that already figured in with the price ? What PSI are you going to run in them ?

Old 03-28-2001, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

They ran $311.00 shipped to Utah from Georgia. Right now I have 4.0 psi in them. It's pretty amazing how stiff the sidewalls of the 4 ply Mudrunners are compared to the 2 ply Dirthooks, the Mudrunners don't compress under the weight of the quad at all. I'll bet even though the Mudrunners are only listed as an inch taller than the factory tires, that I gained probably 1.5"-2" more ground clearance.

Old 03-28-2001, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the same tires on my ES4X4 RANCHER. I run mine with 6#. You now have a quad that will run in the mud and all other conditions very well. With the MUDRUNNERS on thats got to be the best looking quad ever invented.

TRUEBLUE300

97 RECON
98 3004X4 25" MUDRUNNERS
01 350ES4X4 25" MUDRUNNERS

Old 03-28-2001, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like a good deal. What type of riding do you usually do? Mine will be for trail/ hunting so i will be under all types of terrain short of gravel. Mud,snow and normal field/trail conditions. Heading down to the dunes in OK in a couple weeks.Not sure how the Rancher will do but ya gotta ride what ya got LOL

Old 03-29-2001, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

Iowahuntr, I ride in about the same conditions as you. My machine is used mainly for hunting and for just plain recreating at our families cabin in the mountains of Utah. I ride in a mix of hardpack, rocks, snow, and mud. I wanted a more aggressive tire but not a real specialty tire such as vampires or outlaw's. The Mudrunner is fairly aggressive but should work well for an "All-terrain" tire. I'll post a review after I have I have a chance to get out and ride.

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2001, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

SWEEEEET QUAD!!!!!!!!! You have the set up that I'm trying to build minus the High lifter monster performance package.

Old 03-30-2001, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

I'll be on the lookout for your test review, How do you like your Hurculined racks & bumper ? We seem to have the same ideas on setting up our Ranchers. I have thought about the heated grips & throttle but for right now i want to try the thumbsaver throttle addition. Where did you get the stuff to coat your racks with and was it difficult to do ?

Old 03-30-2001, 02:33 AM
Range Rover

I bought a quart of Herculiner from a local farm and ranch store called CalRanch for $29.99. A quart would be plenty to do two quads if you had them all prepped and ready to go, it doesn't store worth beans once the lid is taken off. The prep involves taking everything you want to coat off the machine, scuff the paint with a 3M pad, and then clean it all with acetyne. Let it dry thoroughly and begin to dab on the first coat of Herculiner. Let it dry until no longer tacky and then apply another coat, the second coat will cover real good and brings everything together.

I had a hard time convincing myself to scuff the racks etc.. on a brand new machine but I'm pleased with the end results. I had it on my previous machine and it held up great. Kind of gives it a "tough" look. If you decide to do it be sure to wear rubber gloves and old clothes. Believe me, I found out the hard way

The heated grips and throttle are probably the best investment I've made. They get used almost year round, the temperature here can sometimes be cold at night even during the middle of summer, especially in the mountains or deserts.

I'll definately post a "review" of the Mudrunners after I have a chance to give them a good workout.

Quick Reply: Got my Goodyear Mudrunners today for my Rancher 4x4