Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

throw away your camelbak !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camelbak is a out of the closet and is part of the Eco-****'s. They are helping in the former president clinton's "roadless" effort. They are trying to close down OUR recreation.

please see this---> http://www.off-road.com/dunes/speak/speak042001.html

In that article it gives addresses to send the tag off your camelbak. also gives numbers to voice complaints...holy crap people...they advertise and give their money to the freak'n SIERRA CLUB!...DON'T THEY KNOW THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE MOUNTAIN BIKERS,MOTORCYCLIST, AND QUAD RIDERS?

Old 04-13-2001, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Don't throw them away....

Peel the label off (or deface it) and send it back to the company, then get a competing product from another company and sell your Camelbak on eBay and deny them another sale.

Old 04-13-2001, 03:14 AM
Range Rover

Send your comments to:
Glenn Gross, President: president@camelbak.com
Sky George, VP: sgeorge@camelbak.com
Lea Morrison, Marketing: lmorrison@camelbak.com
Mike Geraci, Public Relations mgeraci@wyoming .com

Maybe then they will get the point.

Old 04-13-2001, 09:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have read the same also. This organization really has some nerve to not support it's customers and their income...is this good business? Whatever you ride, don't support the eco-**** camelbak organization.

Old 04-13-2001, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

Good to know....mine has been leaking anyway! This is the kind of info we need to fight against them! Thanks!

Old 04-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Before you package up your Camelback and send it back,
Go to glamisonline.org
go to Bulleting Boards,
click on the Glamis Dunes (ISDRA),
click on posting "Pew, something stink!!"
there is a big discussion and some info.
There is a posting from management of Camelback and they are not supporting the eco-*****. An employee of the company said something out of line and wasn't really authorized to do.
Camelback is a capitalist company and needs to sell their product. Off-roaders, hikers, mountain bikers, etc. all use this product. Camelback should sell to everyone they can and I, personally, support their right to sell their product on the open market. We don't have to buy it and I never have (I carry a six-pack cooler stuffed with water, gatorade, etc.).
So, check it out. If the Camelback has been working for you, you may want to keep it.

Old 04-15-2001, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

I see you fell for the "we just want to sell our product" form letter they sent out...

Take this into consideration.

This isn't the first time this subject has come up for Camelbak...

Take a look at their website - not a motorized vehicle in sight (I stand corrected - they just put up a picture of a guy on a desert bike). How about their advertising, nope, no motorized vehicles there either - whoops, wait a minute, there's that ad they ran with the US Marine standing next to the eco-**** wearing the Sierra Club T-shirt. And yes, they do plenty of advertising in eco-**** publications, but no off-road publications...

Ask them why, when a article on ORCA's website was publicized within the off-road community as proof of Camelbak's "Green" agenda, that webpage promply disappeared.

Ask yourself, what would you do if a significant portion of your business found out that you really didn't care for them that much (but you liked the revenue they generated for your business). You'd probably write a letter just like the one that Glen Gross wrote to the off-road community - then refuse to comment to anyone else that wrote you for more specifics or pinned you down on issues mentioned above....

Check out RMD for the whole story. Here's a link with lots of reading

Personally, the way I look at it is, why take the chance with a company that has a track record of working with the people that are DIRECTLY against us?

Old 04-15-2001, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

Your argument is better than mine. I concede.
I also don't use Camelback anyway.