Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cheap Carb Rebuild Kit for Honda TRX450 2001

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Carb Rebuild Kit for Honda TRX450 2001

I want to rebuild the carb as part of getting it going again. I don't really have any experience with small engines but I have some service manuals. Would anyone suggesting a specific kit brand or rebuild kit? The price of this item is extremely cheap, anyone know this brand? I founded it on eBay which is top rated seller, should i buy here or ebay?

https://www.hexautoparts.com/carbure...1998-2003.html

Old 09-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Here's a good Japanese quality kit from Shindy.https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...tor-Repair-Kit

Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced the carburetor in my 2000 Honda 350 with a Caltric for about $60. Ran good at first but then started backfiring when trying to start. I then cleaned up the original carb and put in new jets. I had to soak the SE valve for weeks before I could pull the old one out. I tried to clean the vacuum piston/slider but it was still a little sticky. The drain screw valve was corroded too. Those last 2 parts were not in the rebuild kit. After installing it the engine ran OK but not great. So I went back to the Caltric carb and discovered that the pilot jet must be too big, or the pilot screw wasn't sealing well. I fixed it by screwing in the pilot screw all the way (lightly). Now the Caltric carb seems to be running great without backfiring, at least for now. Though I still have to pump the primer 3 times after it sits for days.