Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1979 Honda Odyssey FL250 Christmas Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does it run?

If it doesn't run, you could do an engine swap and there would be more value, as the original engine is not great. 2 strokes over all were very unreliable and this is no different. So you could swap out the engine for some other one and it would increase the value. The engine is the exact same as the regular Odysseys, and the transfer case is the same way.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider
Default No way factory.

Do you really think Honda would let something that looks like that out the door. The cobbled welds, squared off round tubing, Honda would have crushed them. What you got is someone's poor attempt at building a roll bar. If you take that to a dealer and try to say it was a Christmas special the will laugh you out the door. I was one of he mechanics at my local Honda shop between 1978 to 1986 there was no such thing.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Alright.

I will finally admit it. It doesn't exist. This is actually Michael. I'm the one that traded you the odyssey for your mini bike last year, and I was faking you the whole time. I wanted to see how long it would take for someone to figure it out. So I was actually the one who painted it, and made the roll bar and stuff. I hope you aren't too upset about this being fake. I was also the one who made the fake Carmax value sheet online.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

okay, i find this all very amusing. i was talking to a co worker about a 1979 odyssey i used to have, and we googled it to show him what it looked like. i found this thread and thought no way, this is it. here are the facts on that odyssey, to anyone who is curios. i bought it in tooele, ut. i brought it home late at night and drove into my parking garage with the machine in the back of my truck. it folded in half like a taco. some buddies and i balanced it on a short cement wall and jumped on the back and front till it was mostly straight. then with 4 flat and rotted tires pulled it behind my brothers truck up the street to the machine shop where i worked. we welded angle iron across the weakened spot in the frame and cut off the wrecked roll bar. i found some sprinkler pipe and welded up the roll bar and switched the light over that are on it in the above pictures (see below picture to verify this!). when we were kids, we had a atc70 that was a christmas special edition. the white fenders and blue brush guard on this odyssey kind of reminded us of that so we went to ace and got some blue spray paint and painted up the new top half of the roll bar, including some careful lettering on the foot pan on the honda logo (done with a paper towel dipped in a puddle of spray paint as a brush). i then put new tires on it and painted the rims white while they were apart. i also put some leftover cr decals on it, which i was amused were still on it in these pictures. i remember painting the exhaust gold too. this all took place the summer of 2016. after i was mostly done with it, i traded it one night to a kid with a little red mini bike for the bike and $150 in the parking garage. A year or two ago, a friend sent a screenshot of the odyssey it had popped back up on ksl again. seeing this thread has been pretty awesome and it makes me wonder where the odyssey has ended up now!