Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2007 Honda TRX250EX MX parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Honda TRX250EX MX parts

Hi, I have a 2007 honda TRX250ex that is all stock, except for DG Nerf bars, XFR Grab Bar, and 20inch tires in the rear. I want to get into amateur 250 atvmx racing, but parts are hard to find for me for this quad. are some parts interchangeable like the hood on an 07+ 300ex to remove my headlight and make my quad look nice. I was thinking about a vented hood like some of the trx450 people have. I also am wondering if any parts are interchangeable between other quads, and what are some good mods to do to get into the racing. (Please don't tell me to get a Yamaha or something else that is chain or the older 250x's, as I know literally everything but jumps and whoops on the quad and how it acts, I will be learning to do those, but I don't have the time to hop on a quad that is chain or something else better suited for racing. Also, I want to race on something different and not seen a lot in racing.) If I have to do some modifying to make parts work, then I'm fine with that. Thanks for reading and responding.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because the 250ex is not chain driven nor a race-intended machine you might not be able to be as competitive as other people on raptor 250s and apex 250s. As a result of these reasons there aren't many options to upgrade. Your best bet is to try and find a slip-on exhaust, put on a performance filter with a re-jet and run it without the airbox lid. Then just find some light weight rims and mx tires. As far as I know there are really no motor mods that you can do. Then do as much weight reduction as possible, lighter rims, tires, get rid of lights, lighter handlebars. I would also try to make the quad wider, The only way I know of that doesn't require welding or janky adapters is Diamond J Customs. They make a great extended a-arm and shock conversion kit for the 250ex to make the front up to 6in wider and allows you to use 400 and 450 shocks which you'll probably want as you wont be clearing very many jumps on a 250. For the rear, durablue sells an adjustable axle for the 250ex. For the rear shock, you can actually put on a 400ex front shock with a little work. That's a pretty good list of things to do to make it as competitive as possible. Just make sure to read the rules for the races you'll be competing in to make sure the mos you do are legal for your class. And even though you said not to tell you, getting a 300ex, raptor 250, or pre 2000 250x would probably be cheaper and require much less work and be more competition viable then a 250ex. But do whatever you want. Hope this helps!

The following users liked this post:
Rich1028 (11-15-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 97fastboi
Because the 250ex is not chain driven nor a race-intended machine you might not be able to be as competitive as other people on raptor 250s and apex 250s. As a result of these reasons there aren't many options to upgrade. Your best bet is to try and find a slip-on exhaust, put on a performance filter with a re-jet and run it without the airbox lid. Then just find some light weight rims and mx tires. As far as I know there are really no motor mods that you can do. Then do as much weight reduction as possible, lighter rims, tires, get rid of lights, lighter handlebars. I would also try to make the quad wider, The only way I know of that doesn't require welding or janky adapters is Diamond J Customs. They make a great extended a-arm and shock conversion kit for the 250ex to make the front up to 6in wider and allows you to use 400 and 450 shocks which you'll probably want as you wont be clearing very many jumps on a 250. For the rear, durablue sells an adjustable axle for the 250ex. For the rear shock, you can actually put on a 400ex front shock with a little work. That's a pretty good list of things to do to make it as competitive as possible. Just make sure to read the rules for the races you'll be competing in to make sure the mos you do are legal for your class. And even though you said not to tell you, getting a 300ex, raptor 250, or pre 2000 250x would probably be cheaper and require much less work and be more competition viable then a 250ex. But do whatever you want. Hope this helps!
I might go for a 250x motor swap on my 250 or just some utility ATV motor and swap it into my 250ex and try to make it work, or I might just go for a 250x motor in a 300ex and try and run it like that. Thanks for replying, also can you send me links to all for those parts, so I can just make a folder and put it all in there so when i do come around to that i can just order parts when i can get them, and just save up money for all of it.

Old 03-18-2020, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you, I haven't been able to respond as i have been busy lately. But thank you for sending me in this stuff! I'll try and order the stuff when I can. I also found a full set of 4 sunF tires with the X Tread for a good price, so I'll order that when i get rid of my last set of pair rear tires. I already have grips, the handlebars are out of stock atm so I'll order when it gets back. I also got an exhaust for my 250 (FMF) I'll try and see if i can match up another header to it or keep it stock header till i find a good header on eBay or something. Thank you for sending in the parts though!