Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Headpipe For 250X/300EX ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best headpipe for a 250X/300Ex that offers an overall power gain, and sounds good...it doesn't matter how loud...louder is better in my case... what do you guys have, i need some input THANKS

Old 05-13-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I suggest you shove a potato up your quads headpipe. Louder is not better. All a louder pipe does is give the eco-****'s another reason to close off our trails.

Old 05-13-2001, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

Well said.

Old 05-15-2001, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

He asked for a serious answer not a retarded answer like yours. just for saying something that stupid i should go out to your trails wiht my supertrapp mega phone exhaust and rev it up for all your neighbors enjoyment , I m sure that cr125 isn't the quietes machine ever ! dont be a hypocrite !

I think the white brothers header offers alot of power and a nice sound , I have one and i like it

Old 05-15-2001, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

thankyou for the info zeebo!!!, i'll check into prices, and that's probably the one i'll get.

as far as too much noise and eco-**** go....i live in a small community, where if your household doesn't own a four wheeler or dirtbike, they have a hotrod or an old chevy with a lift and 44" tires and open headers. we don't have eco-**** where i live. it's just common sense, sure you machine is loud and sounds cool, so you don't take it down the road hitting the rev limiter in 5th gear at 10 o'clock at night or 4 in the morning, or sunday morning after church starts, we just show a little respect for each other.

Old 05-15-2001, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

What exactly is a CR125? It's a CLOSED COURSE BIKE. Where do I mostly ride my CR on a CLOSED COURSE. If you're not a part of the solution to get the eco-****'s off our backs then you're part of the problem. Go ahead and ride your bike around with your overly loud exhaust on the trails. But when people start complaining and they close them off, don't post messages on here and expect to get sympathy from anybody. It's people like you that give our sport a negative image to non-riders. Why do you think dateline had that special years ago about how dangerous three wheelers are? Only because people were giving the sport a negative image.

Old 05-18-2001, 10:29 PM
Range Rover

HHHMMM were We talking about 3 wheelers ? NO I didnt think so ! And any ways how loud your pipe is doesnt make your four wheeler dangerous it just makes it loud ! I dont know were you are coming from with the show about dangerous 3 wheelers !!!!

Old 05-19-2001, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

You missed the point. He was saying that things like loud mufflers, safety issues, and other things give our hobby of riding 4-wheelers and dirtbike a bad name. He wasn't trying to say that 3-wheelers gave 4-wheelers a bad name. You completely missed the point. Just for your information, I have an aftermarket exhaust. It is White Brothers BUT I have done everything I can to make it quiet. That is I have put a quiet core into it. I always run a spart arrestor. That does reduce sound. Here is my point, if YOU insist on getting a different aftermarket exhaust, don't get the loudest one you can because you like loudness. The peoples land you are riding on have the right to tell you not to ride there. If they are grumpy people they might just go ahead and call the police. You also have to think about the people around that land. When they start complaining to the land owner, thats when he/she gets really mad. I'll admit that my White Brothers isn't quiet as stock. But I will tell you that it isn't annoying. No land owners have complained. I even went to one of the guys house and cranked my 4-wheeler up. I asked him if he thought it was too loud because I didn't want to stir up trouble. His answer was no. My point is, if you want to keep riding, keep the noise level down. If people keep on tearing up land, getting loud mufflers, we won't be riding much longer.

Old 05-21-2001, 10:37 AM
Range Rover

Bring it down to my area. I'll let you do it if you can get away from me.

Old 05-22-2001, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

I might just take you up on that offer of going down to your neighborhood and reving the hell out of my 250X ! It wont be hard out running you , you sound like a real laid back grandpa type rider "loud pipes save lives"

Quick Reply: Headpipe For 250X/300EX ???