Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone done this??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of buying a quad on Ebay. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and if so, how did you work out shipping, money, the title. And also, was it the bike you thought it was going to be, or did they send you an old picture or a picture of the wrong bike. Thanks

Old 05-21-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

On Ebay? How far are they from you? I personally wouldn't buy ANY used quad without seeing it first hand. I also belive that it would be cheaper to get one locally by the time you pay the shipping charges. I've had good luck so far on Ebay but would be very nervous throwing around thousands of dollars on somthing I couldn't see from someone I didn't know...VERY SCARY INDEED.

Lets us know how it goes if you go for it. Lots of luck on finding a quad.

PS Becareful of buying a stolen quad. Make sure to get the serial #'s checked at the local cop shop just to be safe. Are there any leans on the bike? If there are and he doesn't pay....THEY CAN TAKE YOUR QUAD FROM YOU!!! Just be very very very careful. Ebay only insures transactions up to $250!!!

Old 05-21-2001, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks kindsamo,
I live in Utah and the bike is in OK i think, or somewhere around there. I figured shipping would only cost about $300-$500. I e-mailed the guy and asked him to send me a picture of him on his quad holding a current newspaper, just to be sure the picture wasn't taken when he rode it off the showroom floor.

Old 05-22-2001, 02:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I purchased one on Ebay it cost $300 to ship from MS to KS. When it got here it had a bent a-arm and a nock in the motor. I was reimbursed for the a-arm and sold it 3 days later for $200 less and put some money with it and bought a new 400ex. That was just my experience good luck.

Old 05-22-2001, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

It is too easy for sleazebags to hide behind a email address on ebay.

It is hard enough to find a decent ATV when you can shop around, and see it in person. Why take a chance on some joker taking a pic of the "good" side of the quad, putting it up for bid, then having their friends bid the price up to what they want to sell it for, before letting you "win" the bid? EBAY is not a real auction.