Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400 ex Pipe Recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at putting a aftermarket slip-on on my 400 ex and was thinking about a wb e series until they said there sold out till end of next month. What is another alternative slip-on for a stock 400ex? Looking for low end performance and better sound. thanx.

Old 06-10-2001, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I used the FMF Powecore4 on mine and it worked great. Make sure to rejet as well to gain the most. Also use a better air filter such as K&N or UNI. I also installed the FMF Hi-flo header, but it wasnt worth the wait, not much gain for the extra $200. The Power bomb may be better, dont know on that one. Big Gun is also very good. My wife had the FMF Mega max on her 300ex. Junk!!!! The end cap bolts constantly came loose, even with loc-tite. I suspect the same might happen with any external disc style silencer. Good luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2001, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

What has the deeper throat sound between the fmf power core iv slip on and the big gun?

And correct me if im wrong but dosent the big gun and the fmf exit out the back compared to the wb e series out the side which is a negative....

Old 06-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,

I have a duncan racing pipe installed (DMC e'xhaust bare the same ) Together with a k&n filter and a new jet of 158 . This works great . From the bottom it is reallyn impressive , but the part that is not so interrested is the price . But it is sure worth the mony . FMF is crap . Do not buy it ( several friends who had it but sold it already ) . They bought a big gun and they are very pleased with it .You have to change also the front of the pipe , it there where the power comes from .

Hope this helps a little bit

greets from belgium

Kenny.

2001 TRX400EX / Ac racing nerfbars , pro disign kill switch / Acerbis handguards / K&n power kit / Duncan racing exhaust / WB high rev CDI

Old 06-10-2001, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would go with the Pro Circuit T-4. It has a nice deep throaty sound, and also If you eventually want to buy the headpipe, you can. Unlike other systems, the Pro Circuit can be bought as a slip on, then you can buy the headpipe to make it a full.

Old 06-10-2001, 08:29 PM
Range Rover

backbone,

What exactly do you mean the FMF are crap? Which model? I have the Powercore and have nothing but GREAT things to say about it...great power increase and I've had the pipe for one hard year of riding with NO problems AT ALL!

Eric

Old 06-10-2001, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

Anyone out there have any experiance with the CT Racing slip on?
I know its loud - but unbarable?
I know it cost about a third more too.

Old 06-11-2001, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

what about the dmc duel and I also heard that a slip on without the head pipe on a stock motor gives it about the same amount of power.

Old 06-11-2001, 05:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

VWVR6,

I had a lot of friend with the FMF ( don't now the exaxt model ) , but the bolt always comes lose ....even with the mighty loctite ..

greetz

Kenny.

Old 06-11-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

If you are interested I am selling a Full CT racing chrome exhaust and a duncan double barrell full exhaust. Me and my brother are selling our quads and taking off the bolt on's. They are only 2 months old if you are interested email me at alljuice@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: 400 ex Pipe Recomendation