Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I'm MAD !! Selling 01 400ex !

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 04:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling.

I used to ride bikes all the time, had a KX125, XR200, and a YZ490 that I rode, but none of my other friends had a bike. They all rode on ATVs, and riding with them wasn't always that much fun for me. So I sold all my bikes, and bought a used quad about a year and 8 months ago. Seems like after I got my quad they decided they would quit riding so much. In that time I've been on maybe 3 good rides. I'm game for going any weekend, but my situation is the same, they always have some excuse for not going. I'm in the market for a new bike to ride, prolly go get a new XR400, so at least if I have to ride by myself I'll have more fun doing it.

As fo finding people in the area to ride with, thats not much of a problem for me. There is an ATV club, its about a two hour drive to the meeting for me, but they are only once a month so it wouldn't really be that bad. There are people that live near me that go, so we could car pool. My problem is that I have no way of hauling my quad, and for some reason people don't want to haul it for me, even if we are going to the same spot. I bought a Jeep and trailer to haul it with, but with gas being two dollars a gallon I can't afford to drive both. Maybe I should find a 4-cylinder toyota or something to trade the jeep to.

Anyway, good look doing whatever you plan to do with the quad.

Old 06-14-2001, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

Hey racer 18 why dont you work out some kind of trade with gj. Then you could put the wife on the scram with auto and she wouldnt have to worry about shifting. Thats how I got my wife interested I first bought a prairie 400 just to get her into it. Then went out and bought myself a scram 400 thinking I would gradually work her up to a sport quad. She still hasnt got the idea of the clutch thing on the Raptor, but thats cool cause I would rather keep that all to myself. She loves the scram and I only keep the prairie around for a loaner. I tried talking her into selling the scram and prairie and getting the new grizz but she says no way. She dont want a utility quad. I tried to explain the grizz is far from just a utility quad but she's not havin it she Likes her sporty scrambler oh well. At least I have somebody to ride with every week and shes actually getting pretty good. goes and keeps up almost anywhere I go. anyways just a thought. Jay

Old 06-14-2001, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

well, i have the same problem..get used to riding alone..its just as fun..but be careful!

Old 06-14-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe we could work out some riding this summer. We have a ton of trails here, but some guy just nearly killed himself in my favorite riding area, so I can't go there for now. Maybe a trip to haspen acres, or some other riding spot around your area. I know of 3 people, not including me, who would probably be up for a good, long, aggressive ride.

Old 06-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

You're smack dab in the middle of all kinds of riding festivities....

Racing is healthy and strong in your neck of the woods. Do what I do. Attend races and meet some new buddy's that are definitely enthusiasts. You don't have to be a professional level rider to attend a race. There's classes for everyone - you just gotta love to ride. I typically find that the XC crowd is more my style of crowd than the guys into the MX scene (too many attitudes) - although I love riding MX too.

I don't have anyone I ride with locally either, but I have a bunch of racing buddies & people I've met from the net that ride with me when I go on trips...

You've got lots of alternatives if you really want to ride.

Old 06-15-2001, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Heck Racer18J,

Come on down to Poole or Nebo Kentucky and race some of the motocross tracks around here sometime. There's a LOT more than just these in Western KY too. There's even some TT racing pretty close. I'm not sure about Ohio, Indiana, and all the other surrounding states, but KY has a lot of riding/racing happening. Good luck with whatever you do.