Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Defective Holeshot XCT tires? What the #$%@ ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put on a new pair of Holeshot XCT's 22"s on the back of my 400ex- and after 10 minutes riding in sand- my back left went flat. Something cut the center of the tire. It still has the one thousand nipples all over the tire! So I took it back to Rocky Mountain ATV personally and asked them for a new tire.

They said that ITP probibly wouldn't give me a new one because it looks like damage from road hazard (even though I wasn't in the road). So they plugged it and said that's the best they could do. As you can imagine- I'm a little pissed. How can I pop a tire in soft sand?

So the following week- I'm riding in the mountains and return home with TWO more holes in the face of the same (already plugged) tire.

...what is the deal with these holeshot tires? Is there a slim possibility that I have a defected tire? Nothing happens to the other tires... or to any of my buddy's tires-...

So far- I'm not real happy with the durability of holeshot. I'm thinking they should rename their tire to holeSHIT.

Old 06-30-2001, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about yours, but I had a bad XCT tire. It was a 23" on the front of my Scrambler. It had about 10 holes in a perfect straight line on the outer most lugs on the tire. I complained & they said "something in the process was bad on a certain bunch" of them. They sent a new one free of charge. All 4 were fine after that.

Old 06-30-2001, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

do you know who I should contact? Should I call ITP? Do you have a number and a contact person you dealt with?

Thanks much!

Old 06-30-2001, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

maybe you just hit something sharp. i mean holeshots aren't exactly the toughest tire. even the six ply one can be cut though easily because of its softer compound

Old 06-30-2001, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

RotGut:

Call ITP direct, and ask to speak to the head of customer relations. It's a young guy, I forget his name offhand. I had a set of standard .190 rims, and complained to him of their durability. He sent me a set of T-9 rims before they were available to the public. He has every intention of keeping his cusomers happy.

Old 06-30-2001, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

What do you guys think the most durable tire is? I was going to buy the Maxxis- but heard good things about the XCT holeshot-

In fact- I need to replace my front tires. Any reccomendations?

Old 06-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

none of those racing tires are going to hold up as well as a normal tire. i don't know what kind of tire you need but i have heard that bandit rears are very good and durable.

Old 06-30-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

i want to buy some titans for my utility

thats weird i heard that holeshots were really good

Old 06-30-2001, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

is say you got a bad tired. Seems odd it happens on the one the is already been plugged.

I had a set of bald holeshot on my 94 that didn't leak, and they had several cuts in them.

Old 07-02-2001, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

We run Holeshots on all our sport bikes, and they have all proved to be indestructible! Yesterday I pegged a cactus with a Standard (2 ply) front and it didn't even phase it. I think you have a defective case. Definitely call ITP.

Quick Reply: Defective Holeshot XCT tires? What the #$%@ ?