Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything they print these idiot kids that go to my school believe

Old 07-20-2001, 09:24 AM
Trailblazer

Just to clear up a couple of things on my post. First, our group ASSUMED it was Honda. Second, we asked if they(TRX450R--TRX650R) electric start or if they had reverse. It was said as a matter of weight savings the 450 would more then likely be kick and the 650 electric. There was no answer about the reverse, half of the group were againest it, half were for it. Most agreed that there had to be almost a zero weight penalty for it to fit in the high performance group. Last, as far as the weights and HP go I assume the numbers were pretty accurate. There would be no reason to put together all of the groups they did, pay us, and then give information and ask opinions of things that were way out of wack, it would screw up all of the information we gave them.

Old 07-20-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

MJNOVA,

This is really great information. I think it's the first solid info I have believed, and now I want to get my 400EX into the Cycle Trader before everyone else starts dumping theirs for the new one, too! Well, I won't really do that until I see the new Honda in person, but that's the plan!!! Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2001, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Sandhopper,
They also didn't give any release date. It sounded like within the coming 12 months, but once again just a guess. They were clear though that the thought behind putting the forum together was to gauge exactly what the need for a higher performance quad might be. It seemed as though it would be something just a matter of what...

Old 07-20-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Gary I don't think you'll ever stop your b******* about electric start. Get over it dude. Even IF people did want kickstart Honda prolly wouldn't put it on there. Whats 20 pounds to a 600cc 4 stroke? It is something, but its not the end of the world. Some people in here would probably have trouble kicking over a 600cc 4 stroke so they would be ording E start kits anyway. IF Notice I said IF Honda brings out a quad with kickstart and nothing else you'd better hide your face.

Old 07-20-2001, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

MJNOVA,

Yeah, I didn't figure on a release date! Just to know that this company wants to know what we, the consumers, are interested in and want, to the extent that they do these forums, is really nice to hear. How fortunate for you to be a part of that! I think that would be really interesting!

Old 07-20-2001, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Honda,

If you are checking on these forums, I would like to say that I will not accept anything other than a lightweight, powerful sport/race quad. The 400EX would be perfect if it had more HP, and was (somehow) a bit lighter weight, and sat just a little lower. I have 6 Hondas, my 400EX is the last NEW Honda I will buy, UNTIL there is a (higher) PERFORMANCE offering.

Old 07-20-2001, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Common...and 650ex? thats too much for a single cylinder in my opinion. I'm more for higher technology on a sport quad than displacement. I'd take a CR450F motor in a quad frame over an xr650r motored quad anyday with no thought to it. My feelings are as follows: Reverse-No need for it in racing. Electric Start: Absolutely! Has anyone here ever tried to hot-start a stalled big-bore thumper? Can you say ouch? Thumper Kickback is a sun-of-a-gun. I learned my lessons about this with a full race Xr that had a 12:1 compression piston. I couldn't take it! I'll take the 15 extra pounds for a magic button in a quad every day. Stalling during a race can and WILL happen, and with an electric start, just pull in the clutch and tap the button and your up and going again.

Old 07-20-2001, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

One thing I forgot to add. Price---- TRX450R--6999.00 TRX650R---6799.00
THose were the quoted prices for the pretend models we were shown. Quads that are high tech will cost more then a CR_YZ_KX-RM There is more to them and they will cost more...

Old 07-20-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I sure hope that for that price you get suspension and handling to go along with that high tech motor...I'm getting a new race bike next year, and this is looking hopeful.

Quick Reply: September Dirt Wheels